Using Bluetooth with Hyundai Sonata 2013 with nav

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new car, a Hyundai Sonata 2013 that includes the navigation system.

When I connect my phone (s3) via Bluetooth, I can play my phone music through the car speakers on the media setting, however, the car's display screen stays static at "playing phone music."

I read on another forum that someone with my car was able to see the music metadata on the screen while streaming with Bluetooth.

Is there a setting I'm missing in Bluetooth settings or is it the car? Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I just got a new car, a Hyundai Sonata 2013 that includes the navigation system.

When I connect my phone (s3) via Bluetooth, I can play my phone music through the car speakers on the media setting, however, the car's display screen stays static at "playing phone music."

I read on another forum that someone with my car was able to see the music metadata on the screen while streaming with Bluetooth.

Is there a setting I'm missing in Bluetooth settings or is it the car? Thanks!

Stuff like this is tricky. Hard to say for sure if it's the phone or car. Any number of things could be causing it, but it could also be a setting in the app. Have you looked around in settings for anything that could turn it on? Or pressing the display button on your radio to see if that does it?

ireknole

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Stuff like this is tricky. Hard to say for sure if it's the phone or car. Any number of things could be causing it, but it could also be a setting in the app. Have you looked around in settings for anything that could turn it on? Or pressing the display button on your radio to see if that does it?

I made sure the settings on the music app (power amp) were set to send the bluetooth metadata and still nothing, so I think it is the stereo. There aren't too many audio options on the stereo for streaming music other than enable or disable, so nothing to change there. I did more research and it seems that the factory stereo doesn't seem to support Bluetooth metadata. I guess that person was mistaken or had a different stereo. It sucks, and I'm no stereo expert, but I think it would just take a software update on hyundai 's end to fix.

I bought a used iPod touch to test the ipod functionality and the usb direct connection allows metadata to display. I guess that will be my solution, even though that has its own problems as well.
Anyway, thanks for the reply, car stereos apparently still have a long way to go before catching up to current technology.

Vgamer4550

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I hope I can help a bit with this issue. The issue you are seeing is not that your phone does not support sending track information to you screen, its that the Android operating system on your phone does not support it.

The actual system that sends the track data and other information to your screen over bluetooth is something known as AVRCP and is included in the newer bluetooth standards that the Galaxy S3 does support. However Android itself did not support it until the latest release version which is Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Unfortunately Android 4.3 is not yet available on the Galaxy S3. Samsung is supposed to be working on a release for this version which may even be released towards the end of October or early November. Depending on you cell phone carrier, it may be even a bit longer before your phone receives the update officially.

The good news is that you can get this feature early if you want to venture into the realm of rooting for your phone. I have a Galaxy S3 on ATT and I already have 4.3 on it using a Rom from a developer by the name of Task650 over on XDA Developers Forums. If you are interested in trying this route, I recommend heading over there and start doing some research into the realm of rooting as its not for the faint of heart, but can be easily done if you are willing to read and understand the process.

Good Luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay