Hi all.... I've flashed recoveries and rooting many a phone in my day. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but I have followed the instructions to a T. I can get the recovery to flash and I boot into recovery mode but both recoveries cannot mount anything. I did a search of this entire subforum and found no one else complaining about it. The phone boots up fine, just can't mount in recovery. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    10-05-2013 03:08 PM
    Hi all.... I've flashed recoveries and rooting many a phone in my day. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong but I have followed the instructions to a T. I can get the recovery to flash and I boot into recovery mode but both recoveries cannot mount anything. I did a search of this entire subforum and found no one else complaining about it. The phone boots up fine, just can't mount in recovery. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Could you explain the issue more? Are you getting any errors during the mounting process? If so, which ones? I need a little bit more information to troubleshoot your problem
    10-05-2013 07:27 PM
    This is the error I get right after I've just flashed the recovery in Odin, took the battery out, and rebooted into recovery for the first time. It won't mount anything, including the system...and it won't find any files, which means I can't flash the root.
    10-06-2013 04:54 PM
    This is the error I get right after I've just flashed the recovery in Odin, took the battery out, and rebooted into recovery for the first time. It won't mount anything, including the system...and it won't find any files, which means I can't flash the root.
    Alright, that helps a little bit. Could you please explain the exact issues clockwork mod recovery is displaying? This will help to find a solution. At this point it could be a few things
    10-06-2013 05:35 PM
    Samsung has changed something in the latest S3s, and prior root procedures don't work correctly. Try this one:

[Beginners Guide] Rooting the Sprint GalaxyS3 the Easy Way - xda-developers
    daytona85 likes this.
    10-06-2013 09:29 PM