I rooted my Sprint Galaxy S3 a couple months ago. Now I want to unroot so I can get the upcoming 4.3 update. I have NOT flashed a ROM, I'm still running 4.1.2. I just rooted the phone and stopped at that.

Can someone please give me a detailed description on how to unroot my phone? I still want to be on 4.1.2 as it's the current version. I just want to go back to normal so I can get all updates in the future.
    10-23-2013 09:29 PM
    I rooted my Sprint Galaxy S3 a couple months ago. Now I want to unroot so I can get the upcoming 4.3 update. I have NOT flashed a ROM, I'm still running 4.1.2. I just rooted the phone and stopped at that.

Can someone please give me a detailed description on how to unroot my phone? I still want to be on 4.1.2 as it's the current version. I just want to go back to normal so I can get all updates in the future.
    To answer your question, if you have the SuperSU app, there is a full unroot option. However, to play devil's advocate here: If you flash a custom ROM like Slim, you will instantly be on 4.3.
    10-23-2013 09:40 PM

Just watch video. It's for the S4 but the steps are the same, just download the files for your specific phone.
    I'll give you a list of steps anyway.
    1. Download Odin v1.85 (My preferred version of Odin) and unzip the file
    2. Download the latest Samsung drivers for your phone
    3. Download the stock firmware file for your specific phone and unzip the file (Found this one on a video from YT by qbking77 on how to unroot)
    4. Turn your phone off and back on but boot into download mode (Hold power, home button and volume down at the same time until you get the warning sign) Now hit volume up to continue
    5. Plug your phone into the computer
    6. Go to the Odin file and right click then hit run as administrator
    7. If you see a yellow box you're good to go, now click PDA and look for the stock firmware file and hit open
    8. Make sure only PDA and Auto reboot are checked in the boxes and hit start
    9. It'll download the firmware and then reboot. If you want a clean install I'd suggest you do this next step, if not you're done.
    10. This will wipe everything on your phone so make sure you backup everything first. Take the battery out before the phone completely booted up after the firmware was flashed. Now boot into recovery mode (Home, power button, volume up until you see small blue letters in the corner that say "recovery booting"
    11. Navigate using the volume up and down buttons and select with the power button. Go to Wipe/Factory data reset. Scroll down to yes and it'll reset it. Now reboot the phone You're done
    10-23-2013 09:49 PM
    Just be patient. Once the official Sprint 4.3 ROM is released, there will likely be a pre-rooted version available to flash within a week. That was the case for both 4.0 and 4.1. Even if not, unrooting now is premature, since none of us know when 4.3 will be released.
    10-27-2013 11:31 AM
    [ROM/RESTORE][!MD4 OTA!](5-10)Quick Return to UNROOTED STOCK WITH FLASH COUNT RESET - xda-developers

This Flash will revert to complete stock AND reset your flash counter to 0 for both 16 GB / 32 GB version.
    10-27-2013 01:26 PM