So recently, my photos I take with my camera haven't been saving to my SD Card. They show up in my gallery, but later disappear. Upon putting the card into my computer, it shows that there is something wrong with the volume. I also noticed that I cannot cut or move the files, only copy. I would like to move the files *off* the card instead of copying, that way to format the card.

CHKDSK offers little help. Upon running it, the final messages "error verifying free space on the volume".

Anyway I can unset the dirty bit on an EXFat system and move my stuff OFF the card? Thank you.
    10-31-2013 02:36 AM
    Just copy them, and reformat. The fact that they're still left on the card won't prevent you from reformatting.

Just make sure you do a full format, and not a "quick" format.
    10-31-2013 07:31 PM
    I would like to move them or cut them instead of copying them, because I want to keep the original creation date and time stamps on the file.

I have been able to do this before, so I don't understand why it's not a possibility now.

After running CHKDSK on the volume, using /f and /r it not scans, but says that it's unable to mark the volume as clean. Any reason why?
    10-31-2013 10:44 PM
    Move probably won't work because the directory entries are corrupted, and the delete flag can't be set. I don't have a solution, other than to suggest a copy with the wrong date is better than no picture at all.

edit: There are programs that will let you manually edit the date/time after a copy:

https://www.google.com/search?q=edit...ient=firefox-a
    11-01-2013 02:15 PM
    I had this same crappy issue last week, copied everything to my PC and then just bought a new card cause they're on sale at best buy. But a full format should solve the dirty issue too. Just don't cut & paste, copy. I saw your earlier thread. Drag & drop works really nice too
    11-01-2013 03:52 PM