I tried taking the battery out and that does no good. Once it boots back up, I swipe the screen and then it gets stuck and I can't do anything else so I reboot by holding down the off key on the right. I don't get the screen to turn off, restart in airplane mode, etc. I have to hold down the button to get it to go off. I then hold it down to turn it back on and it comes on but I can't do anything and it turns itself on and off and on and off.

I tried starting in safe mode but it does the same thing. I did install the app System Tuner yesterday in hopes of being able to turn off system updates. I was getting updates so much. I have a feeling this is what is causing my phone problems. Would going in Google Play and deleting it help? I may have screwed up the settings in the system tuner ???

Any ideas to help me get my phone working again would be wonderful. I'm desperate as I'm getting ready to go out of town in the morning and need my phone.

Thanks so much!!!!!
    11-06-2013 09:27 PM
    First thing to try: Uninstall System Tuner and then boot into recovery and wipe the cache of your device.

To boot into recover, power off the phone, then, when the phone is completely off, hold the volume up, power, and home button at the same time. Let go when you see a blue "Recovery Booting" text in the upper left hand corner of your screen.
    11-06-2013 09:37 PM
    Ok, I'm getting ready to try this. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll let you know what happens.

I thought I could uninstall system tuner in google play online but I can't and I can't get to it via the phone so I can't uninstall it at all it looks like.
    11-06-2013 09:52 PM
    I did the boot into recover and it came back on and screen is still frozen. I have to force it off by pulling the battery or holding down the power button and I can't delete the app. Every time it turn back on, it just freezes and I can't do anything. What the heck.

Ok, do I select wipe cache partition? I want to make sure before I screw something up. Thx.

Well, I went ahead and did the wipe cache partition. Nada. It's still freezing when it boots back up.

I have a Sprint S3 that is flashed to work on PagePlus if that helps. It's also been rooted.
    11-06-2013 09:57 PM
    Any other apps installed lately that might be causing the issue?

If so, uninstall those. If all else fails, you might want to backup everything, reflash stock ROM, and then, if the issue seems resolved, re-root your phone. Install apps one by one and make sure it isn't one specific app causing the problem.
    11-06-2013 10:16 PM
    I can't get past the first screen. I swipe and then it freezes so that makes it impossible to delete any apps unfortunately. I'm afraid I'm going to lose any battery power I have left because of the rebooting over and over and it's not able to charge. Am I going to have to buy a new phone? I just bought this one in January of this year and it wasn't cheap.

Is there some way to charge this phone. If I get to the screen with the battery looking icon that is half green with the little dots below it, does that mean the battery is charging. As you can tell I'm not a phone tech. :-)
    11-06-2013 10:33 PM
    I did a factory reset. Now the phone has stopped rebooting and I can do things but it keeps making that noise that you hear when you plug your charger in. The sound plays over and over and I had to turn the sound completely off so I wouldn't have to keep listening to it. What the heck is going on with my phone? How do I get that sound to stop?

ETA: Up all night but finally got it working. Thanks Darren for the help.
    iHackPro likes this.
    11-07-2013 12:24 AM
    Same thing is happening to my phone so i tried holding the home,volume down and power button nothing shows up
    07-18-2014 11:55 AM
    Same thing is happening to my phone
    If you take the battery out and reinsert it does the phone turn itself on (without you pressing the Power button)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    07-18-2014 06:01 PM