Phone Randomly Shuts Off

joshsparham

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have had this problem for the last month or so but when I am charging my phone via external battery charger and playing Pandora my phone will randomly turn off. This happens several times over the course of a few hours.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have had this problem for the last month or so but when I am charging my phone via external battery charger and playing Pandora my phone will randomly turn off. This happens several times over the course of a few hours.

Any ideas?

Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Any ideas?

It is possibly overheating the battery. Have you felt to see if it is overly warm?

sent from a GS3 gone wicked

joshsparham

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember it feeling that it was hot but if it was overheating is there anything I can do?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember it feeling that it was hot but if it was overheating is there anything I can do?

Try taking the battery and setting it on a flat surface. Spin it. If it does freely, it is bad and should be replaced.

joshsparham

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok the battery doesn't spin freely or at least I don't think it does. I should have been clear I was wondering if the external battery charger was causing the phone to overheat. It is so weird because it turns the phone off every 20-30 mins

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok the battery doesn't spin freely or at least I don't think it does. I should have been clear I was wondering if the external battery charger was causing the phone to overheat. It is so weird because it turns the phone off every 20-30 mins

You were clear. I just wanted to make sure the battery didn't have a bulge making it part of the issue. You may have a defective charger.

joshsparham

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok that was kind of my thought but wasn't sure if something with the phone was making it turn off. May try just charging it without streaming any music to see if it turns my phone off

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Off subject but how do you like the Moto X Golfdriver97?

Blows my old S3 away. I was rooted, AOSP SlimROM, and it is still better. Some downsides, I miss external storage, and getting used to softkeys, but that's it.

joshsparham

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am still stock on my S3 and am considering the Moto X. I really like the small size of the phone but getting use to no external storage would be an adjustment. Not sure of I'd need 16gb or 32...could probably get away with 16 since all I keep on external storage are pictures.

Not sure whether to pick up the X or wait a bit to see what comes out in early '14. Not sure any will compete with the size if the moto though.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok I am still stock on my S3 and am considering the Moto X. I really like the small size of the phone but getting use to no external storage would be an adjustment. Not sure of I'd need 16gb or 32...could probably get away with 16 since all I keep on external storage are pictures.

Not sure whether to pick up the X or wait a bit to see what comes out in early '14. Not sure any will compete with the size if the moto though.

If you are thinking the X get it. Most often devices are announced till March, available in May.
Get the 32 if you can, the 16 is fine, I just had to relearn what I can have on me. My music is what I had to trim down.

joshsparham

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I will have to look into it. I really like that now it has the customized colors for sprint. I don't keep any music so I might be ok will have to look up the total space I use now.

Is the battery life of the Moto X Mich better, slightly better, or about the same?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I will have to look into it. I really like that now it has the customized colors for sprint. I don't keep any music so I might be ok will have to look up the total space I use now.

Is the battery life of the Moto X Mich better, slightly better, or about the same?

A LOT better. Can easily go about 12 hours for me. My S3 I had to be careful toward the end of the day to hit 12 hours.

joshsparham

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
That is mostly what I am looking for. My battery life is very random. Sometimes great and other times very terrible

seanskiT1

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
A LOT better. Can easily go about 12 hours for me. My S3 I had to be careful toward the end of the day to hit 12 hours.

Just 12 hours...lol. I can get 16-17 hrs on my s3 with around 2 hrs of screen time. And yes on stock battery.

sent from a GS3 gone wicked

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance