I have been all through this phone and I have removed sound permissions on every related file I could find.The camera sounds were easy to disable I've even changed some of the html values to true and still Nothing will remove this beep. I tried several apps including silent camera. Nothing stops the beep. Does anyone know the location of this beep file/code? I am amazed how well this is hidden. I have looked at a few hours worth of posts and although there have been many people offering solutions none of them actually work on my Rooted Sprint Galaxy S3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Walkiries likes this.
    11-19-2013 11:28 AM
    I have been all through this phone and I have removed sound permissions on every related file I could find.The camera sounds were easy to disable I've even changed some of the html values to true and still Nothing will remove this beep. I tried several apps including silent camera. Nothing stops the beep. Does anyone know the location of this beep file/code? I am amazed how well this is hidden. I have looked at a few hours worth of posts and although there have been many people offering solutions none of them actually work on my Rooted Sprint Galaxy S3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Some camera sounds can't be removed. In some places it is illegal.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    11-19-2013 12:58 PM
    @Jesus Iswaching...have you considered running a custom ROM? I'm running Wicked Sensations and turning off the camera sounds (the option is enabled in the ROM) turns off both the shutter sound and the auto-focus beep.

I have no idea where the auto-focus sound file is hidden though. Good luck.
    11-19-2013 03:39 PM
    If you want a totally silent camera (no focus or shutter beep) with or without rooting, there are a bunch in the play store - my two favorite so far is one called "A Better Camera" and "High Speed Camera Plus" - this one can also make animated gifs - I have a completely stock Sprint SG3 with billard412 no root camera hack and these two work for me.
    11-20-2013 11:11 AM
    Mine is completely silent, video cam too, including charging sound. You'll need a root file explorer like ES file explorer. Make sure you're in the device file tree, and go into system, media, audio, UI, and then inside you'll see all the sound files for each sound. Rename them with a .bak at the end, then save and back out. Then make sure the properties for the file are set to execute. Reboot and everything you renamed should be silent.
    Super Dave426 likes this.
    11-21-2013 12:53 AM
    The OTA update to 4.3 mutes camera sounds when phone is set to vibrate or mute

Sent from my SPH-L710
    11-23-2013 07:10 AM
    The OTA update to 4.3 mutes camera sounds when phone is set to vibrate or mute

Sent from my SPH-L710
    Good to hear. I don't know about the "illegal" comment...both Verizon and AT&T have the shutter sound buttons enable in their stock cameras. Only Sprint disabled this option.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    11-23-2013 04:45 PM
    Same problem, and still looking for a proper answer. Did you solved this?
    08-04-2015 04:09 AM