Who has received the official 4.3 OTA pushed from Sprint?

SevereDeceit

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Since I just went through this with my Nexus 7 and 4.4 KitKat, who has received the official 4.3 update pushed directly from Sprint? No sideloading. Please post screenshots of the OTA update that hit your device so we know that it is indeed rolling out.

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I just checked, and have it, but get an error message cause I'm rooted and can't install it. I'll try again and screen grab the error prompt if can.

x893

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Since I just went through this with my Nexus 7 and 4.4 KitKat, who has received the official 4.3 update pushed directly from Sprint? No sideloading. Please post screenshots of the OTA update that hit your device so we know that it is indeed rolling out.

I'm curious too. I manually loaded and it's great. ...... but I keep noticing it seems to automatically give Every app 8kb cache. ... even after force stop. .... clear cache. .... turn off app. Also. ...I have an app to clear the cache. ... it lists EVERYTHING with 8kb. And can not clear it? ??
Something to do with knox maybe?
Waiting to see if it does this with the actual ota update. ....

SevereDeceit

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Users must have reported issues and Sprint halted the OTA. There should be a bunch of people right now saying the OTA update is hitting their devices and they are not. Which is what happened on my Nexus 7 and the 4.4 KitKat update. This is why I started this thread because I'm seeing the same thing over again with this 4.3 update and the Sprint Galaxy S3.

Weazrbmxr

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
i have it currently its good just wish the knox is a pain in the arse as i want my titanium backup back as well as my modified hotspot

No titanium!?? As in you haven't installed it yet? Or you can't install it? No titanium = no 4.3 for me! That seals the deal for me, and now it keeps telling me, no update needed at this time. I think i lost the update because i didn't download it when prompted.

And I'm hearing a lot of complaints from people who manually installed the .zip from xda. You should definitely be getting this from sprint. They pulled and tweaked the first go around, and i think that's what is floating around now.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
People, please, please, please read and research before applying this OTA. It will not flash on a non-stock (e.g., custom recovery) device, ever. If you install the OTA you will probably never be able to install a custom recovery and custom ROM. If you are stock rooted the OTA will remove root.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
People, please, please, please read and research before applying this OTA. It will not flash on a non-stock (e.g., custom recovery) device, ever. If you install the OTA you will probably never be able to install a custom recovery and custom ROM. If you are stock rooted the OTA will remove root.

The man speaketh the truth! Hold off unless you want this as-of-now permanent Knox bootloader...preventing you from flashing any other roms or recoveries. The fellas at XDA are literally done with the new 4.3 stock update sans Knox bootloader. It's just a matter of getting the zip uploaded somewhere likely tomorrow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol