Does anyone have any idea when the OTA will be able to be rooted/rootable? Would like to update to it but I would like to keep my root and hotspot

Posted via Android Central App
    11-24-2013 10:53 AM
    You should probably post rooting questions in the rooting subforum. Anyway, I would strongly suggest NOT installing the OTA, ever. Once the Knox bootloader is installed it is going to severely limit your ability to ever install a custom recovery or custom ROM. A pre-rooted, flashable 4.3 ROM should be available on XDA in a day or two. The modem from 4.3 is already available.

I suspect it may be a while before the free hotspot works under 4.3, too.
    x893, MaXXimus and GSDer like this.
    11-24-2013 07:07 PM
    You should probably post rooting questions in the rooting subforum. Anyway, I would strongly suggest NOT installing the OTA, ever. Once the Knox bootloader is installed it is going to severely limit your ability to ever install a custom recovery or custom ROM. A pre-rooted, flashable 4.3 ROM should be available on XDA in a day or two. The modem from 4.3 is already available.

I suspect it may be a while before the free hotspot works under 4.3, too.
    If I'm not mistaking its up now. Tempted to update now but would like native hotspot working http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541900

11-24-2013 10:52 PM
    I ALWAYS wait at least a few days before applying any major update yo see what issues others run into. With so many people willing to serve as guinea pigs, I don't need to.

In a couple of days you should know if the hotspot mod works or not.
    x893 and dcharleyultra like this.
    11-25-2013 03:09 PM
    If I'm not mistaking its up now. Tempted to update now but would like native hotspot working [STOCK ROM] Stock 4.3 MK3 ROM [ROOTED/UNROOTED] - xda-developers

It's up but there are some issues with home screen rotation. CNexus is still ironing out the kinks.

I ALWAYS wait at least a few days before applying any major update yo see what issues others run into. With so many people willing to serve as guinea pigs, I don't need to.

Yeah...I'm in no hurry either. Let everyone else work out the bugs.
    11-25-2013 03:16 PM
    Seems to be a mod to make it work now. Going to flash. Only things i dont care for is, all the notifications have same tone and vibrate pattern, Gmail always goes off when set not too and i believe thats about it so far

11-25-2013 08:40 PM
    Let us know what you think after using it for a few days.
    11-26-2013 09:21 AM
    Will do. So far after using it yesterday and playing with it, it doesn't seem bad but seems like my Gmail always goes off when set not too, the camera noise (which i fixed) and a few other things i can't remember but was a simple fix. I'll keep a list of them and do a full list on a new post
    Let us know what you think after using it for a few days.
    11-26-2013 10:17 AM
    The screen rotation problem is really bugging me though. I think that I'll go back to md4 and wait till that gets fixed. How do I go back to md4 and stay rooted?
    11-26-2013 10:21 AM
    I believe you'll just flash the update file for MD4 and restore your back up. I'll find a link in a bit when computer isnt being weird
    The screen rotation problem is really bugging me though. I think that I'll go back to md4 and wait till that gets fixed. How do I go back to md4 and stay rooted?
    11-26-2013 10:26 AM
    Here is the stock rooted MD4 ROM. [ROM|Stock Rooted] 4/24/13 Sprint TouchWiz Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (L710VPBMD4) Odex/DeOdex - xda-developers
    11-26-2013 10:34 AM
    Thanx but do I need to reflash the md4 firmware/modem etc. as well or just the Rom? Because the md4 firmware link isn't "found" .
    11-26-2013 10:36 AM
    Ah yes...you'll probably need to flash the MD4 firmware/modem too. I'm not sure if it's necessary, but it shouldn't hurt anything if you do it just to be safe.

On a side note, I stayed on 4.1.2 but ended up flashing the MK3 modem separately because the word on the street is that it improves signal strength. It certainly seems to have done that for me.
    adlebo likes this.
    11-26-2013 10:45 AM

That's messed up lol .....but hilarious hahahaha
    11-26-2013 11:29 AM