OK so I have M.O.A.R. Downloaded when the time comes to download the 4,3 update do I need to uninstall the rom or can I just download 4.3? What do I need to do?

My Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
    11-30-2013 10:03 PM
    OK so I have M.O.A.R. Downloaded when the time comes to download the 4,3 update do I need to uninstall the rom or can I just download 4.3? What do I need to do?

My Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk
    Nope, you just flash over it like how you flashed it the first time. That's it. But since MOAR is so customizable, you may have to go through the Aroma installer again.
    AS a precaution, I would make a Nandroid of your current setup, just in case.
    11-30-2013 11:12 PM

My Galaxy S3 using TapaTalk
    It depends on how you plan to install 4.3. The OTA simply won't install over a custom ROM. So to install the OTA you would have to unroot and go back to stock. But if you install the OTA you're stuck. You will never be able to flash another custom ROM, or go back to 4.1.2.

If you want to install the pre-rooted 4.3 ROM available on XDA, then yes, you flash it in recovery like any other ROM. But make sure you have the most current version of your recovery (e.g., CWM or TWRP), and it is advisable to do a clean flash (wipe cache, dalvik, data before flashing).
    12-01-2013 09:10 AM
    What do u mean current version of recovery? I'm still a newbie to rooting phones and such.

12-01-2013 11:20 AM
    Do any of know guys have any suggestions on 4.3 roms that are reliable for the sprint gs3?

12-01-2013 05:11 PM
    Do any of know guys have any suggestions on 4.3 roms that are reliable for the sprint gs3?

SlimROM. Love that ROM.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app
    12-01-2013 08:20 PM
    What do u mean current version of recovery? I'm still a newbie to rooting phones and such.

Since yoy are running MOAR, you have to use a custom recovery. Either CWM or TWRP. You need to make sure which ever one you are using is on its most current version.

sent from a GS3 gone Wicked
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    12-01-2013 09:18 PM
    Since yoy are running MOAR, you have to use a custom recovery. Either CWM or TWRP. You need to make sure which ever one you are using is on its most current version.

sent from a GS3 gone Wicked
    It isn't possible to have the most current version of custom recovery if you have a newer GS3 without some modification though. I've tried to find the latest versions of both TWRP and CW that will work on my GS3 to no avail.
    12-02-2013 08:43 AM
    It isn't possible to have the most current version of custom recovery if you have a newer GS3 without some modification though. I've tried to find the latest versions of both TWRP and CW that will work on my GS3 to no avail.
    The most current version of TWRP for the sprint galaxy s3 can be found here :

http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/107

Version 2.6.3.1 will work on the newer GS3's.
    Google is your friend...
    12-02-2013 09:46 AM
    The most current version of TWRP for the sprint galaxy s3 can be found here :

TeamWin Projects - TWRP 2.6 - Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint) | TeamWin

Version 2.6.3.1 will work on the newer GS3's.
    Google is your friend...
    No need to be snarky about it. I'm well aware of how to use Google and what the current version of TWRP is.

I've been all over XDA with little love for those of us with newer GS3s. The thread on XDA with the most recent TWRP versions didn't work on my device (no storage partitions detected) and I installed 2.6.3.1. I ended up reverting back to the version I was on previously. I'll attempt what you linked, but I highly doubt it will work since I have already attempted to install that version. I'll report back with the results.

*Update*

Well...this didn't take long. I can confirm that the latest .tar file posted on TWRP's download page (which I already attempted previously) does not work properly on newer GS3s. The storage partitions do not mount. Please, don't post information stating these work unless you know they will work. It's a real PITA, especially if a user doesn't have access to Odin at work to fix a non-working recovery.

*Update 2*

Just an FYI to those with a newer GS3 looking at TWRP for their custom recovery...you can flash version 2.6.3.0 without issue.
    12-02-2013 10:01 AM
    Try Philz recovery: [i93xx][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch - xda-developers

I haven't tried it, but I believe I've seen posts indicating it worked on current S3s. You won't be able to use any of your TWRP backuos, of course.
    MaXXimus likes this.
    12-02-2013 10:16 AM
    Recovery is what you use to flash a ROM. You generally get to recovery by powering up with Vol UP, Home & Power. If you're that much of a noob, p;ease be very careful flashing ROMs, so you don't brick your phone. You might want to read this:

Editorial: Sometimes, root isn’t the answer | Android Central

and this:

Rooting - is it for me? Some Q&A | Android Central
    12-02-2013 10:22 AM
    Try Philz recovery: [i93xx][CWM Advanced Edition] PhilZ Touch - xda-developers

I haven't tried it, but I believe I've seen posts indicating it worked on current S3s. You won't be able to use any of your TWRP backuos, of course.
    Thanks for posting this link meyerweb. I think I'm a bit committed to TWRP for the time being since I have several recoveries stored in that format. It isn't a huge deal not being able to run the latest version, but I would eventually like to be able to do so. I am half tempted to try and figure out the workaround on the additional kernel flag myself in order to install the newest version, but this is well beyond my skill level. I guess one needs to start somewhere though.
    12-02-2013 10:52 AM
    [QUOTE=MaXXimus;3287524]No need to be snarky about it. I'm well aware of how to use Google and what the current version of TWRP is. [ /QUOTE]

Snarky? Just trying help you out... It has worked for some folks on the newer GS3's... Thought it might help you... No need to go Alec Baldwin on me...
    12-02-2013 05:19 PM
    Snarky? Just trying help you out... It has worked for some folks on the newer GS3's... Thought it might help you... No need to go Alec Baldwin on me...
    Well, saying "Google is your friend..." is at best dismissive of what I stated earlier and certainly intimates that I posted without having done the least bit of research.

I'm certainly not going Alec Baldwin, but would appreciate those being "helpful" to forego the snide remarks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2013 06:34 PM