4.3 Update -> GPS going crazy at times...?

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
I connected my GS3 to a computer running Kies 2.6 yesterday and it prompted me to update to Android 4.3 which I did...seems to work really well for the most part (although I did it late last night so haven't had much time to mess around with it yet), but I've noticed that, at least at times, the GPS icon in the notification area is constantly coming on, disappearing, and then coming back, etc. - anyone else experienced this? My only concern regarding it is that my battery will drain faster because of this...?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I connected my GS3 to a computer running Kies 2.6 yesterday and it prompted me to update to Android 4.3 which I did...seems to work really well for the most part (although I did it late last night so haven't had much time to mess around with it yet), but I've noticed that, at least at times, the GPS icon in the notification area is constantly coming on, disappearing, and then coming back, etc. - anyone else experienced this? My only concern regarding it is that my battery will drain faster because of this...?

That is a valid concern. Have you rebooted into recovery and cleared cache? That might help. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ing-into-recovery-mode-galaxy-s2-s3-tab2.html

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
Golfdriver97 - thanks for the info. Can you advise what, exactly, clearing the cache via the above link does? I tried searching and couldn't find any information about what's in the cache, or what clearing it will do? Thanks!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Golfdriver97 - thanks for the info. Can you advise what, exactly, clearing the cache via the above link does? I tried searching and couldn't find any information about what's in the cache, or what clearing it will do? Thanks!

Clearing the cache clears out stored data, like logs that the phone uses from time to time. Old cached data can conflict with new updates, causing some problems. This method does not mimic in any way a factory reset.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12