Can't Rename Bluetooth Device in 4.3

tangozebra

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Prior to 4.3, I could go to the Bluetooth menu and there was an option to "Rename Device", but this is gone after 4.3. I have even done a post-4.3 factory reset. This is super annoying because now both my and my wife's GS3s show up in our cars as SPH-L710 instead of having different names.

Anybody find a way around this?

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Prior to 4.3, I could go to the Bluetooth menu and there was an option to "Rename Device", but this is gone after 4.3. I have even done a post-4.3 factory reset. This is super annoying because now both my and my wife's GS3s show up in our cars as SPH-L710 instead of having different names.

Anybody find a way around this?

Here's what you do. Settings > More > About device > Device Name. Your welcome... I take payments in Ferrari's and Lamborghinis.
=P

Steve Waring

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I had searched everywhere for this. The icon by "About Device" is a little i information symbol which leads one to believe the information therein is read only. It is the first time ever I have seen that symbol used for something you could edit. That's why I did not bother looking in there. Not the best bit of user interface in the world. Thanks once more.

Andrew Benz1

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, so I Googled it and your's was the first answer.

It worked a treat. Very happy, thanks very much.

What colour Lamborghini do you prefer :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome