Sprint Galaxy S3 - Camera Shutter sound after 4.3 Upgrade

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
I know everyone is looking to get rid of the shutter sound with the camera - I actually kind of liked it, and somehow it's gone away. I don't know if the 4.3 upgrade caused this, or I did something after the upgrade to do this, but I can't figure out how to turn it back on - anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The camera shutter sound should still be included with 4.3. A new feature is that it can now be turned off by turning off the sound from the notification area.

Posted via Android Central App

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if the baseband version makes a difference. I kept the sound on and took a picture with the default camera app and got the shutter sound. I turned off the sound and took another picture - no shutter sound.

The baseband version I have is VPUCMK3.

What camera upgrade did you do?

Posted via Android Central App

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
My baseband version is L710VPUCMK3

And I'm not sure what you mean by "What camera upgrade did you do?" - I didn't upgrade the camera - I upgraded the entire Android OS from 4.1.2 to 4.3...

mynameis

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I hated the shutter sound when I had my Optimus G. I couldn't believe there was no way to turn it off.

Sorry I was no help, just had to say that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbressman

Apr 22, 2010
www.falconcc.com
I'm just concerned that my lack of a shutter sound (when it doesn't seem possible) could be indicative of other issues I might not be aware of...?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
In many parts of the world its illegal to have a silenced shutter sound.

From a Sprint Moto X

Not true here in the U.S.
Sprint is the only carrier I know that took away the camera sound setting on the phone before 4.3.
AT&T and Verizon both had a "camera sound on/off" in the camera. The code was in our Sprint phones, but it was set to "false" so that it would not show up. If you were rooted, you could edit that line in the features.xml to "true" and turn it back on. You could also enable camera during calls the same way. So I have no idea why Sprint wanted those features off, before. Now however, you can just turn phone to vibrate or silence and the camera is silent too.

ssweet97

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I wish there was a zoom feature on that POS camera. I ended up downloading camera ice cream sandwich from the play store, it has a zoom feature and an option to turn the shutter sound off, the only drawback is the advertisements that are plastered to the top of the camera which by no means do nothing to the shot taken. It works great on 4.3

code101

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone found a solution to the shutter sound problem? I have the same on my phone. After the update I now have no shutter sound.