iHeart Radio Bluetooth Issues

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I believe that the 4.3 update to the S3 has caused issues with Bluetooth and iHeart Radio. Almost everytime I start iHeart Radio, the sound starts coming out of the handset speakers rather than my Bluetooth headphones even though Bluetooth on the phone is on and the headphones are on and paired with the phone. I have to turn the headphones off and back on again to get the sound coming out the headphones.

Recently though, I had to turn the phone off and on and turn the headphones off and and on a couple of times to get the connection established. It is ONLY iHeart Radio that seems to have this issue. For example, I started out listening to Pandora and the sound was coming through the headphones. Having done nothing other than closing Pandora and opening iHeart, the audio for the ad played through the headphones and then the audio for the iHeart Radio station started playing through the handset speaker. Another instance in which the audio for iHeart starts coming out of the handset speakers is when I lose the data signal, which with Sprint, happens quite often. Once I get the data signal back, the audio will sometimes start coming out of the handset speaker.

I'd really like to know why this keeps happening and if there is a fix for it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I believe that the 4.3 update to the S3 has caused issues with Bluetooth and iHeart Radio. Almost everytime I start iHeart Radio, the sound starts coming out of the handset speakers rather than my Bluetooth headphones even though Bluetooth on the phone is on and the headphones are on and paired with the phone. I have to turn the headphones off and back on again to get the sound coming out the headphones.

Recently though, I had to turn the phone off and on and turn the headphones off and and on a couple of times to get the connection established. It is ONLY iHeart Radio that seems to have this issue. For example, I started out listening to Pandora and the sound was coming through the headphones. Having done nothing other than closing Pandora and opening iHeart, the audio for the ad played through the headphones and then the audio for the iHeart Radio station started playing through the handset speaker. Another instance in which the audio for iHeart starts coming out of the handset speakers is when I lose the data signal, which with Sprint, happens quite often. Once I get the data signal back, the audio will sometimes start coming out of the handset speaker.

I'd really like to know why this keeps happening and if there is a fix for it.

I would guess it is an issue with iHeart radio. Did the app get an update recently, like about the time this all started?
I would at least email the developer and let them know what is going on.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
There's been frequent updates to iHeart radio, but this Bluetooth issue has always been a problem. That is why I thought it was the phone.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey