Copy stock 4.3 email app to another device?

Skip Tannen

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Folks,

I recently got 4.3 on my S3 and really like the updated stock email app. I would like to run that email app on my Nexus 10 (1st gen) - does anyone know if I can simply grab the APK off my phone and install it on the tablet? I've moved APK's using Airdroid, but that's just been for sideloads and apps from the Play Store. I don't know if stock apps even have APK's or if they are scattered all over the ROM by the default installation.

Thanks.

skip

aspot72

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Folks,

I recently got 4.3 on my S3 and really like the updated stock email app. I would like to run that email app on my Nexus 10 (1st gen) - does anyone know if I can simply grab the APK off my phone and install it on the tablet? I've moved APK's using Airdroid, but that's just been for sideloads and apps from the Play Store. I don't know if stock apps even have APK's or if they are scattered all over the ROM by the default installation.

Thanks.

skip
It should be as .apk (I have extracted all apps from my MotoG, even Moto apps). Then in Settings go to Security and check Allow install Unknown Sources. Also if you see Google Settings, open it and uncheck Verify Apps.
And if you can, would you be able to send me that . apk???

Skip Tannen

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Well, not knowing what to look for I did a search for system files in ES File Explorer and came up with SecEmail_J.apk and SecExchange.apk. From the looks of the icon, the first one looks like it - but I wonder why there's an _J at the end of the filename. I may try sideloading that one to see if it's the right file.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01