Charging Issues Galaxy S III

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm aware that yes there are many threads that address various charging issues on this forum, I've searched for them, and while they are a little similar to my issues, they don't represent exactly what's happening with my phone, so I'll just tell you what's going on with mine. Also, the exact same thing that's happening to my phone is happening to a friend's phone.

So basically I'm having a lot of charging issues. Sometimes, once in a blue moon, ny phone will charge correctly, after fiddling with the charger and setting the phone down in some position to keep it charging. Most of the time, however, like right now, I have to set my phone in a "sweet-spot" position to get the charging icon, but the battery, without using it, will just sustain its current charge. For example, when I got home today, I plugged my phone in and went to do homework on the computer. Charge started at 11 percent. When I came back an hour later, still at 11, and immediately after unplugging it, it dropped to 10.

Sometimes when I leave the phone idle charging, it will just keep giving me the "now charging" sound repeatedly. The electric bolt flashes in and out while the plug is in.

I have tried many solutions to no avail; different cable, (in fact, the parent cable that came with the box won't charge at all, it has to be fiddled with to start, and the battery slowly goes down while it's charging. I've been using a different cable that works more often) cleaning the port with a small needle and alcohol, and trying to blow any dust out the port. In fact, the car charger, which is the most snug fit of all of my usb cords, barely charges and it still has to have that "sweet spot" to start charging. I've downloaded an app to show my percentage over time, and for those math guys, I'll tell you what my results are;

Once in a blue moon, I get a very good slope, maybe 40 percent to an hour to estimate, which translates to a little over 2 hour charge. Those make me happy. But most of the time, like right now, stuck at 51 percent while charging and typing, the slope is zero, no change in charge and the slope zeroed out an hour ago, and went from the previous 10 percent to 51 in a painfully slow 12 hours, with many places in between where it immediately started and stopped charging from when the charge goes in and out. This is the usual, and is unacceptable. If needed, I will screen shot the graph recorded and post it here.

Sorry for the long post, long story short, my charging is very unreliable and mostly extremely slow, I've tried all of the solutions, to no avail, and I get a good solid charge once in a blue moon leaving the phone idle so that the charger is in a"sweet spot" really could use help on this. The slope is very shallow most of the time, and is zero when I use my phone, and it's normal use, not gaming or any other huge processes. Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a faulty charging cord or charger. I have several chargers/cords so I am able to switch between lots of them to figure out whats going on.

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Currently I have three; the parent, a really short one that has a capital letter B on it, and a lengthy one that's a little frayed at the end, but the frayed one has the best performance. Thanks for the reply

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I've been dealing with it for the past couple of weeks, now charging is a real pain... I still have to find the sweet spot, and this is after trying to clean the port, but now it seems even more sensitive to not charging, and when there is the charging indicator, it takes 7+ hours to charge about 70 percent

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Your best bet, then, may be a wireless charging back and charging mat, or a couple of extra batteries and external charger. You should be able to find either on Amazon or ebay.

lions_lair

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Well...I've been checking out ppl having ALL these charging issues. Well..once about two nights ago, I noticed my sgs3 only reached 93%. This a.m. I found it at 92% . And since I've been reading these threads..I swapped cords with my wife..a little better but not much. I dug around and found my original charger,I have been carrying around one of those little square one that you can buy just about anywhere. Turns out it was the charger. All is well now... I just couldn't believe reading all these ppl having charging problems n it happening to me just day/hours later..whew..
Check you're cables n check you're charges.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Jerpal25

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the S3 with the New Trent NT70T power pack and I am experiencing some issues. When I use the Micro USB built into the powerbank, it will not charge my phone, so I would then resort to using a micro USB cable into one of the 2 USB slots. Still Nothing.. The micro USB cable I use, btw, is a brand new cable I purchased from Samsung a few days ago, that works fine when charging via the wall outlet. Just for fun, I had someone else try to use their phone with it and it works just fine, I really don't know why their phone works and mine does not, Event though I did use the micro USB cable itself, and my cable doesn't work with the power bank but with the wall.. Please Help Someone!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza