Sprint Galaxy S3 - Display won't turn on

freeze

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just recently, my Sprint GS3 started having a display issue. I would hit the power button to wake it, but screen doesn't turn on. The buttons (Menu and Back) light up, but no screen. Once in a while, I'll get it to come on but it seems kind of random. I was rooted at the time (running Wicked Sensations), but I have reverted to stock and it's still doing it. Any suggestions?

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Something died. Either send it for repair or get a new one. I have had a few of them since launch and haven't had an issue. Sorry for the issue

-----------------------------------------
Mommy posted this because I am not allowed to internets

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
If you haven't already, try pulling the battery for a few minutes, then reinsert it and see if it will boot. If not, see if it will boot into recovery.

Recovery mode is achieved y powering the phone completely off, then pressing and holding "volume UP, power button and the (physical) home button simultaneously. Watching the screen closely, release all 3 buttons as soon as you see the word Samsung. If timed correctly it will boot into recovery in about 10-20 seconds (after releasing).

If that works, you might try doing a factory reset from within recovery.