Flash & Dolphin

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Have used Dolphin Browser with Jetpack since Day One on my phone. All was well with videos in the world. Then, they released an update for Jetpack ... and from that time forward, where videos once stood {referring to that static image with the play button superimposed}, all I saw was a dark rectangle with a message in it, saying I needed to have the latest flash player installed.

I contacted Dolphin more than once. They kept wanting to know what version of flash I have installed. I don't see any indication of such anywhere on my device. I've certainly not installed it myself. It's my understanding that flash for mobile is headed the way of dinosaurs. And videos played fine prior to the aforementioned update.

So I switched to Chrome. But I want Dolphin. Yet they continue insisting I update my flash. Sheesh! Any suggestions? I really would like the green fish back!

Sent via Cyberspace

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Your correct Flash is going bye bye.. Sure there is still going to be work arounds and attempts to get it onto devices but I do know starting with Android 4.4.x KitKat it is now disabled on many devices like HTC, Samsung, etc that allowed it to still be used with the stock browsers.

I gave up using Flash a while ago, I just made up my mind to forget it and move on. I agree with you though that Dolphin is a great browser, especially Dolphin Mini.

5dadd7

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried enabling Flash in the Dolphin browser? I had the same problem and just enabled it in the browser.Go to Settings -> Web content -> Flash Player (Always on or On Demand.

Danny X-Ray

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Have you tried enabling Flash in the Dolphin browser? I had the same problem and just enabled it in the browser.Go to Settings -> Web content -> Flash Player (Always on or On Demand.

Yes, I've tried it in both the "Always On" and "On Demand" positions, yet to no avail. And I'm sure it's not a problem with my phone. Flash content played fine in Dolphin, prior to a certain Jetpack update a month or so ago. Nor have I encountered any problems with flash when using Chrome. Go figure.

Sent via Cyberspace