Bluetooth / Tether / Music

PrimerPlus

Feb 11, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I was hoping to get some help.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 16gb AT&T SGH- I747 Android Version 4.3 - Not currently rooted
I also have a Nexus 7 32GB (2013) Android Version 4.4.2 - Rooted with stock rom

So my question is, can I use my Phone as a hot spot so that my Nexus 7 can connect to it to have access to the internet for things like Navigation, and iHeartradio, Pandora etc
Also am I able to play music that is on my Phone on the Nexus 7 with something like Bluetooth? I will be using my Nexus 7 as my cars headunit later and I would like to be able to stream music that is on my phone to the Nexus 7 but I can not figure out how to do this.

Thanks for your time.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Hello, I was hoping to get some help.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 16gb AT&T SGH- I747 Android Version 4.3 - Not currently rooted
I also have a Nexus 7 32GB (2013) Android Version 4.4.2 - Rooted with stock rom

So my question is, can I use my Phone as a hot spot so that my Nexus 7 can connect to it to have access to the internet for things like Navigation, and iHeartradio, Pandora etc

So let me ask: is the question really "Can I tether for free"?

I'm pretty sure AT&t offers tethering plans that will let you do what you want for a monthly fee. Without rooting, I'm not sure there's a way to do this for free. There are quite a few tethering apps in the play store, many free, so you can download them and see if they work.

I'm not sure about your second question, so hopefully someone will chime in.
Also am I able to play music that is on my Phone on the Nexus 7 with something like Bluetooth? I will be using my Nexus 7 as my cars headunit later and I would like to be able to stream music that is on my phone to the Nexus 7 but I can not figure out how to do this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol