Update question

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't yet manually updated to 4.3 , seems like a hassle to have to factory reset (as advised others after a major update) and lose everything so I've been waiting for it to be pushed. (Good thing I'm not holding me breath uh?)
Here's my question, after hearing all the talk about galaxy s3 getting 4.4 (kit Kat) I'm wondering if I can skip 4.3 & just wait to do 4.4? Will it mess anything up? Are there components of 4.3 that have to be installed first or can you skip right to 4.4 once released?
Just trying to only have to factory reset one time. Laziness, I know! LOL

Posted via Android Central App

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I haven't yet manually updated to 4.3 , seems like a hassle to have to factory reset (as advised others after a major update) and lose everything so I've been waiting for it to be pushed. (Good thing I'm not holding me breath uh?)
Here's my question, after hearing all the talk about galaxy s3 getting 4.4 (kit Kat) I'm wondering if I can skip 4.3 & just wait to do 4.4? Will it mess anything up? Are there components of 4.3 that have to be installed first or can you skip right to 4.4 once released?
Just trying to only have to factory reset one time. Laziness, I know! LOL

Sure, you can wait. It will be a "Delta" update when it comes and will just update what it needs to whether your on 4.3 or something older.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Assuming your still stock on 4.1.2 and hoping to avoid the Knox nonsense, you'll have to wait until someone releases a non-knox stock release for 4.4...similar to what they did on XDA. No doubt, the standard stock 4.4 will likely have it as well.

Denisew 1972

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Yup, still at version 4.1.2 I'm running it old school, LOL (Sprint forgot about me apparently)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781