Micro card will not stay mounted

StlDean

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to upgrade my sd to 64gb and I keep noticing that I have a notification that the card has unmounted. I'm pretty sure when I first put the card in that in clicked into place but now it will not stay in. The obvious solution to me would be that I have damaged something in the slot that clicks and holds the card in place or perhaps It wasn't locked in place to start with. But I've tried another card and it won't click into place either and unfortunately the old card has been misplaced so I can't even check and see if that will fit. Has anyone else experienced this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
does it physically not stay in place or it's just the message? I've had SD Card issues with Sammy phones for soooooo long where the card (especially if it's SanDisk Ultra line) will randomly mount/unmount itself, killing my battery in the process and, once, even frying the card completely. If it's a problem with the card physically not fitting in or staying in place, it helps if you make a cutout from a business card (make it the same shape as the SD Card) and insert it together with the card (on the back, of course, not on top of the pins). It'll be a TIGHT fit and you'll struggle especially to get it out, but it provides stability and it won't pop out of place if there's something mechanically wrong with the phone.

mouseglider

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm trying to upgrade my sd to 64gb and I keep noticing that I have a notification that the card has unmounted. I'm pretty sure when I first put the card in that in clicked into place but now it will not stay in. The obvious solution to me would be that I have damaged something in the slot that clicks and holds the card in place or perhaps It wasn't locked in place to start with. But I've tried another card and it won't click into place either and unfortunately the old card has been misplaced so I can't even check and see if that will fit. Has anyone else experienced this?

If it will not "click-in or stay locked in place" it is most likely a mechanical problem - if you are mechanically inclined, then you "might" be able to fix it - but I would bring it into a tech, because maybe it is still under warranty?