Sprint Kit Kat development has begun

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That most likely is a test build. But good news for it coming out soon. If they are testing it, they must be close.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I figured it was not remotely close for release, but great to see that they are working on it considering they have the S5 coming out soon and other things to focus on.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully they are to get it out pretty quick, though I wouldn't be surprised if they S5 launch pushed it back a little so they could focus on release bugs that always have to be fixed right after a new phone comes out.

richardodn

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Just so everyone knows, Samsung codes their build numbers using a letter for the month followed by the day. So the D7 version just referenced was generated:

D (April) 7 and it looks like it's taking about a week for internal QA to post it up.

gotta have it android

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Just so everyone knows, Samsung codes their build numbers using a letter for the month followed by the day. So the D7 version just referenced was generated:

D (April) 7 and it looks like it's taking about a week for internal QA to post it up.

That makes sense. I was wondering how it worked

Posted via Android Central App

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I, too, will soon be upgrading but it's awesome that the GS3 is continuing to get updates. Honestly if I didn't like new and shiny phones so much I might have stuck it out with the GS3. This phone can take practically everything Android throws at it and quite impressively at that. And the camera is still taking amazing shots. Kudos to Samsung for making such a solid phone.

Posted via Android Central App

lyingfromyou

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Will be happy to finally get KitKat! That should carry me through till next year. Going to save my upgrade to get a phone with a 64 bit chip! Doesn't make sense to get jammed up in another two year contract when they are about ready to release these beasts I keep reading about!!!

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Full UNMODIFIED ota. Don't take if you don't want to:

A) Be on the new Knox bootloader
B) Be assured that you will be able to root again

Download: http://android.clients.google.com/p...fbe72.USER_L710_SPR_MK3_to_ND8_Update_FWD.zip

I take no responsibility for your actions if you flash this.

Requirements:
1) Be on stock, unmodified MK3 rom
2) May or may not work by flashing through custom recovery

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

angiekm

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I received the download today... was just searching forums to make sure it performs well. I read that it drains the battery on other phones. Anybody know anything? I'm a newbie here ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463