Sprint Kit Kat development has begun

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I received the download today... was just searching forums to make sure it performs well. I read that it drains the battery on other phones. Anybody know anything? I'm a newbie here ;-)

On xda they say it's good on ram. No report about battery. No wifi calling.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

angiekm

May 1, 2014
Visit site
So far so good. I just charged it to 100% then unplugged it. I had battery drainage issues prior to the install; not noticing anything different yet. At 97 percent now just as I have typed this.

Posted via Android Central App

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. I just charged it to 100% then unplugged it. I had battery drainage issues prior to the install; not noticing anything different yet. At 97 percent now just as I have typed this.

How's ram usage? Notice any other differences?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

angiekm

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure how to check ram usage. I haven't noticed anything else except fonts and font colors. For example, the status bar that shows 4g, battery percentage, and time, is all white lettering. The battery bar is white. It used to be green. The network send/receive indicators are both white instead of green and orange.

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
So far I haven't noticed it much different than 4.3, other than white notifications on the notification bar.

mc_gusto

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
So far I haven't noticed it much different than 4.3, other than white notifications on the notification bar.

Clear translucent status bar too. You can also add shortcuts to you "swipe to unlock" lockscreen like the camera app.

The biggest change is supposed to be the ram usage and more behind the scenes stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure how to check ram usage.
Long-press the Home button -> select Task manager -> swipe left or right until you see the RAM tab.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

TimmyTwo2

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I've had lock screen shortcuts since ICS when I bought the phone. I'm digging the full screen album covers on the lock screen when playing music.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hows everyone doing so far with 4.4?? Hows battery management?

So far my battery life is not too good. Android System seems to be eating up my battery. I can still get about 12 to 13 hours with light use out it. For me that means about 2 to 2 and half hours of screen time. I was getting at least 16 hours a day with about 3 hours or more of screen time.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
So far my battery life is not too good. Android System seems to be eating up my battery. I can still get about 12 to 13 hours with light use out it. For me that means about 2 to 2 and half hours of screen time. I was getting at least 16 hours a day with about 3 hours or more of screen time.

Thanks for the info! I'm still sitting on a custom 4.3 rom (Wicked Sensations) without Knox but have been thinking of going back to complete stock for better battery life. From what I know, I'm better off staying where I am, for now.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info! I'm still sitting on a custom 4.3 rom (Wicked Sensations) without Knox but have been thinking of going back to complete stock for better battery life. From what I know, I'm better off staying where I am, for now.
I would stay where you are at for now, or at least until they have a good 4.4.2 ROM without Knox comes out. That should not be too long seeing how these guys come out with ROMs very quickly.