Pink splatters on my lcd

jubleve

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone help me with this? I changed the screen on my phone, I've done it a lot of times but this time it was a newer phone and i don't think i got the glass as hot as it should've been before i pulled the screen off. I notice a pink smear on the upper right corner of my phone and it started to spread like a virus, its not affecting the touch sensibility just the visuals. My question, do i need to get a new lcd or can this be fixed?

IMAG4533.jpgIMAG4535.jpg

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify, your phone doesn't have an LCD, it's an AMOLED panel. With that off the way, from the pictures it looks as if there was some sort of contamination between the panel and the glass (you are probably seeing it 'spread' because it's oxidizing or reacting to the heat of the panel or something). If you press (lightly) on it, does it change in any way? You can also check with a magnifying glass to see if the blotches are 'pixelated' or not; if the discoloration occurs 'mid pixel', then your panel is not to blame (entirely).

jubleve

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I figured it was the heat causing it to spread, but nothing changes when I press it. It has actual gotten worse since I posted this morning. I don't have a magnifying glass but from what I see I looks exactly like an air brushed painting.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Then yeah, it sounds like there's something between the panel and glass that's changing colors with the heat from the display. Gotta love and hate Chemistry :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo