02-27-2018 09:58 PM
30 12
tools
    For me here was the solution:

1. Open Application Manager (from Settings)

2. select Contacts

3. select Permissions

4. remove "Your Location"
    hey i tried Clearing cache and also turned off location from permissions it has improved a bit now lets c how it works further on thanks anyways
    12-27-2017 05:58 AM
    sir my phone is gionee s6 within 2 days my contact list open to very slow plz help me what to do? what is the problem in my phone
    02-11-2018 09:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Have you already tried the solutions suggested in this thread?
    02-11-2018 10:12 PM
    This link gives you an idea of the problem (and the solution)
    https://carleisenstein.wordpress.com...ce-on-android/

I went from a 180MB size to 8MB size with following steps:

Stop synchronization from settings/accounts/google select account and uncheck google contacts
    Go to contacts, on Contacts to show go and Select all contacts (Sim Card, Device, even Google contacts) and exported them to a file.
    I imported that file to my gmail/contacts and merge all the duplicates, I check for duplicates 2 or 3 times.
    Also browse those contacts to see if you can manually correct and erase some of them
    Then, go to settings, more, application manager, look for "contacts storage" and "contacts" apps and delete data, reboot, just in case.
    Then, go back to contacts, I deleted all possible phones left on sim or device (and check if they were on gmail contacts)
    Then, settings, accounts, google, google contacts and check to synchronize google contacts and wait and smile.
    (I left on "contacts to show" google only, I don't want to mess with device or sim cards if I have a automatic cloud back up with google)

I hope they work for you - blessings, Fabio

Hello Experts,
    Tried all suggestions per this thread, however, nothing seems to have helped. I'm working with a LG Q6+ phone from Oct 2017. Available Internal Storage/Memory=42.20Gb/64Gb
    May I ask experts for an alternate suggestion(s).
    02-26-2018 02:23 PM
    the problem is that i am using linkedin as well.. And it appears to be going online to source contacts.
    Contact -> left menu button -> contacts to display -> device

should get instant results now.
    Thank you so much! This worked instantly, my frustration is gone!!!

Thank you thank you thank you.
    02-27-2018 09:58 PM
30 12