how can i restore mobile data on my sprint SGIII

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Was given a Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII, not realizing code breaking it wouldn't allow me to simply change networks, I'm stuck without any mobile data, before I could acsess Sprints signal everynow and then. Is it possible to restore this data connection

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
not realizing code breaking it wouldn't allow me to simply change networks
Code breaking? Do you mean 'unlocking' (the term generally used around here to mean changing a phone intended for one network to work on a different one)?

Are you using a SIM card for a different carrier?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I followed a utube video, girl with a samsung flip phone, put in some numbers, color screen came up, touched colors in same order and couple of other things, didn't think it worked but it did....No, it doesn't have a sim card or place for one. I tried to get to a sight that could help before I did anything, but the phone I have (Sharp ADS1) can be a real pain sometimes

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, well you could try a Factory Reset and see if that returns it to the original working state. From any Home screen, press the Menu button (the lighted button to the left of the physical Home button) -> Settings -> Accounts (if using the Tab view) -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset.

I know next-to-nothing about using phones on different carriers so you'll have to rely on the experts. What carrier were you planning to use the phone on?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Well @ the moment I'm using att&t pay as u go. I let my nephew open an account with Sprint using my info., turns out resemption was very bad where I live, so, he switched to att well he let the bill get to far behind and they cut us off, still have phone so I bought cheep gophone and registerd the sim to it. Was think-n might be some way to do the same with samsung, found out the hard way its not possible...as of yet?

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Hmm, well you could try a Factory Reset and see if that returns it to the original working state. From any Home screen, press the Menu button (the lighted button to the left of the physical Home button) -> Settings -> Accounts (if using the Tab view) -> Backup and reset -> Factory data reset.

I know next-to-nothing about using phones on different carriers so you'll have to rely on the experts. What carrier were you planning to use the phone on?

Well @ the moment I'm using att&t pay as u go. I let my nephew open an account with Sprint using my info., turns out resemption was very bad where I live, so, he switched to att well he let the bill get to far behind and they cut us off, still have phone so I bought cheep gophone and registerd the sim to it. Was think-n might be some way to do the same with samsung, found out the hard way its not possible...as of yet?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't think the device can be run on a GSM network like AT&T.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You could try using the Kies software to reload the stock firmware. If the phone has Android 4.3 then you'll need Kies v3 (just Google it).

Or you could use a tool called Odin and download the stock firmware here - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner and download the latest version. You can look in any of the rooting sub-forums to find instructions on how to use Odin, or just come back here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar