Sprint Galaxy S3: KitKat now Available on Sprint!!

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I did the ol' "hold vol-up, power, menu buttons" method to get to the recovery menu. If you need more info than that, lmk.

ch/d

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Its not lettin me do it.

Posted via Android Central App

from power off, hold the three buttons, when phone buzzes release power button only... then I wait about ten to fifteen seconds and release the other two. you get Samsung screen but then robot screen

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
What do you do once you get the recovery screen up?

use Volume button to scroll to Wipe Cache; use Power button to select; some running text at the bottom will tell you when it's done; select Reboot from menu to restart phone

dominick

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for info I got the screen and cleared the cache. Still not able to get update.

hold up... clearing cache doesn't automatically allow the update. sorry if you knew that already. you have to get the update sent to you from Sprint - there will be an alert in the notification bar. you can try a firmware update search in Settings, but I don't think it does much good .... ALTHOUGH.... I will say that I got the update within 48 hours of doing this

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I woke up this morning to the notification for installing the update. I haven't really noticed any significant differences, aside from the GPS icon being different (now it's called "Location" and has a Google Maps-style "pin" icon) and I can now install the Google Camera app, which is significantly zippier than the camera app that came with the phone. I've got Nova Launcher installed, so if there is anything different with the stock launcher I wouldn't be aware of it.

Jeff Weymouth

May 19, 2014
Visit site
My wifes phone was just updated to the 4.4.2 and now any photos taken with the phone and emailed to our PC will not open on the PC. If we hook the phone by USB then we can transfer the photos to the PC and they are fine.

Does anyone else have this problem?

coachpelkey

Man of La Mancha
Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I just updated this past weekend and found some serious battery drain.
Alot of it from the android system itself.

Anyone else having problems with battery drain with the kitkat?

I use battery doctor but I will be open to better suggestions.

Thanks (non-rooted)

tlxb

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I woke up to see the update was available for download Sunday morning. For what ever reason, I cleared my cash by way of holding the volume up, home and power buttons before attempting to install 4.4. After that, I tried to install and it won't reboot. Do you know how to fix this? I'm not rooted. So maybe I should have just downloaded and installed without the cashe clearing?

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
This update is really not great for the battery. By mid-day I'm usually still up in the 60s on battery percentage. Right now, with Location turned off and very little use, I'm at 42%.

Nope...it just dropped to 41% as I typed that...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Some people are reporting better battery life, some worse. Standard advice, for years, has been if you're having problems after an OTA back up all your data and do a factory reset.

Ytsejamer1

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I installed the stock ND8 ROM from scratch...erasing everything. My battery life worsened...and I've got even less applications loaded at this stage than I had on my MK3 ROM.

I used to end up at around 60% remaining after a day...give or take a couple. Now I'm down to 44% after a day...give or take a couple.