Play Store App Missing

wiredcrazy

May 5, 2014
Visit site
So all of a sudden the Play Store app icon disappeared from my phone. It used to be right on my home screen now it's gone. It's not even listed in my application manager. Now when I want to go to the Play Store I have to Google search for it. I can't even find a way to reinstall it on my phone, I don't even see it in the Play Store.

Did they change it or something? Also, I tried to install this game called "Smash Cops Heat" and rather than installing it immediately it says something like "Congratulations! Smash Cops Heat will be installed soon!". Yet when I view it in the Play Store it says it's installed, but it's not listed as an app on my phone. I've restarted my phone several times and it's still acting weird.

Android version 4.3

Thanks for any help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
So all of a sudden the Play Store app icon disappeared from my phone. It used to be right on my home screen now it's gone. It's not even listed in my application manager. Now when I want to go to the Play Store I have to Google search for it. I can't even find a way to reinstall it on my phone, I don't even see it in the Play Store.

Did they change it or something? Also, I tried to install this game called "Smash Cops Heat" and rather than installing it immediately it says something like "Congratulations! Smash Cops Heat will be installed soon!". Yet when I view it in the Play Store it says it's installed, but it's not listed as an app on my phone. I've restarted my phone several times and it's still acting weird.

Android version 4.3

Thanks for any help.

Welcome to the forums. So, you don't have Play in the app drawer?

BadgerVadge907

May 3, 2014
Visit site
You probably could factory reset and see if it works, or download the playstore .APK file and load it on a SD card and try to install off of the card. or internal storage.

Teagil2 Cho

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I had same experience while using 'android wear' app.
After installation of application, I tried to execute it and app icon disappeared at the Home screen.
I found this disappeared app in the NOT USED list of app drawer.
So far no solution per this problem.
I am looking forward to seeing any resolution.

CV Angelo

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
If you can see the icon ANYWHERE in the app drawer, just hold it down till it "vibrates", then you can place a copy of the icon on your home page! This is true of any app in the app drawer.

Jodi S

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site

Android version 4.3

Thanks for any help.

Go to your settings -> application manager. Up at the top where you see Downloaded, SD card, Running, etc., scroll to the right until you see Turned off. Look for Play store in the list, click on it then click the Turn on button & you should be good to go.

zanzandro

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Play Store App Missing as well as many apps missing in phone

Hi guys i have S3 phone suddenly many apps missing even i con't see play store also, i check in application manager >downloaded it shows sd without icon, but i dont have sd card in phone, but my storage is still fill,,,, any solutions without factory reset?

Eric Flowers

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
On my phone, I had to scroll right in the App Manager until I got to the "All" tab, then scroll down to the very bottom of the list to see turned off apps.

Just go into the turned off Google Play app and hit "Turn On"

Mag M

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue - nexus 7, 2013 tablet. There is no option for turned off apps where I can turn it back on. It's enabled, but icon is missing. It's also not in the app drawer.

Mike Russo1

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Maybe clear cache turn off phone. Hold volume down, power , and home key, let go of home key after vibration then you'll see clear cache and it'll direct you on what to do next

Last edited: