Text messaging is completely hosed

yensid1138

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Stock Sprint Galaxy S3 running 4.4.2

About 2 weeks ago I was sending a text with Handcent when the app crashed. I had already tapped "send" and while it was sending the text Handcent crashed with the standard error message "Unfortunately Handcent SMS has stopped."

Now that message is stuck in the queue waiting to be sent. Any other message I try to send gets stuck behind it in the queue. My phone can receive SMS messages, but if I try to view them it crashes the app. I've tried this with Handcent, Go SMS, and the stock Google Messaging app. MMS messages are received, but I cannot download them. I cannot delete messages from my phone either. Like I said, everything is hosed.

I have Google Voice, and thankfully can use SMS through that just fine, but I want my full texting functionality back!!

I have not tried a factory reset. I know that's probably what I need to do, but I REALLY want to avoid that if at all possible!

yensid1138

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
It's not specific to any one app, it's the native messaging function. But yes, I've uninstalled Handcent and rebooted. Installed and uninstalled Go SMS and rebooted. I don't know if a way to uninstall the stock messaging app or I would do that too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12