Downloads fail on Android 4.4.2

CSmith2

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Recently, I have had problems downloading within apps, specifically Google Maps and Maps.Me. In both cases, I try to save maps for offline use, but I receive an error that the download failed. Downloads through the Play store are fine, but these in-app downloads seem to be problematic.

I am running a rooted 4.4.2 and have tried the SD card fix and removing the external SD card completely, but to no avail. Thank you for any help in resolving this issue.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Recently, I have had problems downloading within apps, specifically Google Maps and Maps.Me. In both cases, I try to save maps for offline use, but I receive an error that the download failed. Downloads through the Play store are fine, but these in-app downloads seem to be problematic.

I am running a rooted 4.4.2 and have tried the SD card fix and removing the external SD card completely, but to no avail. Thank you for any help in resolving this issue.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try clearing the data from the Maps app to reset it. See if it will then let you download maps for offline.

Go to settings, application manager, all apps,

CSmith2

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. I cleared the cache and data from within App Manager and tried saving a map, but the error reoccurs. I also tried using an older version of Maps (6.4 I believe), and I receive a "storage error" when trying to save a map in that program. It seems as if there is an issue on my phone with saving in-app data to the internal storage (even though I have 8.5 gb free). Could this assessment be accurate, and what could I do to remedy the problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37