Hello everyone,

Recently, I have had problems downloading within apps, specifically Google Maps and Maps.Me. In both cases, I try to save maps for offline use, but I receive an error that the download failed. Downloads through the Play store are fine, but these in-app downloads seem to be problematic.

I am running a rooted 4.4.2 and have tried the SD card fix and removing the external SD card completely, but to no avail. Thank you for any help in resolving this issue.
    06-28-2015 07:32 AM
    Does anyone have a possible solution I can try?
    07-01-2015 01:51 PM
    Hello everyone,

Recently, I have had problems downloading within apps, specifically Google Maps and Maps.Me. In both cases, I try to save maps for offline use, but I receive an error that the download failed. Downloads through the Play store are fine, but these in-app downloads seem to be problematic.

I am running a rooted 4.4.2 and have tried the SD card fix and removing the external SD card completely, but to no avail. Thank you for any help in resolving this issue.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Try clearing the data from the Maps app to reset it. See if it will then let you download maps for offline.

Go to settings, application manager, all apps,
    07-01-2015 02:01 PM
    Thank you for your reply. I cleared the cache and data from within App Manager and tried saving a map, but the error reoccurs. I also tried using an older version of Maps (6.4 I believe), and I receive a "storage error" when trying to save a map in that program. It seems as if there is an issue on my phone with saving in-app data to the internal storage (even though I have 8.5 gb free). Could this assessment be accurate, and what could I do to remedy the problem?
    07-02-2015 06:11 AM