I'm on the Sprint HTC ONE Launch Team: Ask Me Anything

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Just got my HTC ONE Advocate Device. Ask Me Anything. I will not unlock the bootloader or root the device so please don't ask. Edit: This is my 1st AMA. I will try as hard as I can to answer your questions as fast as possible. I will be online answering as many as I can within my powers. videos as requested unboxing and activation video: Unboxing and Activating the Sprint HTC ONE - YouTube
first look: Sprint HTC One First Look: Bloatware Apps - YouTube
random pictures around the office: imgur: the simple image sharer

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Any idea what is taking up seven gigs on the phone? My Evo 3d only had one gig of internal storage. What is going on here? Is there a way to delete unnecessary stuff?

ksavaiano

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Any idea what is taking up seven gigs on the phone? My Evo 3d only had one gig of internal storage. What is going on here? Is there a way to delete unnecessary stuff?

OS and bloatware. I have a surface RT 32GB model and only have 24GB of storage available to me

- - - Updated - - -

OS and bloatware. I have a surface RT 32GB model and only have 24GB of storage available to me

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site

i did a bloatware video and there's things you can disable but sprint zone, sprint id, google shopper, and a few others aren't "uninstallable" out of the box. widgets, os, and stock sprint software like vvm and other things in the video are pre-installed. my lgog had the same 25gb it's more than enough for a solid device.

Bryce N

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
What's the file size of a typical three second Zoe?

What's the file size of a typical photo?

Any ideas what the length of the exclusivity period is for the 64gb version?

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Now for the real answers!

What's the available RAM after boot, and available storage, before you load up a bunch of apps?
You'll be looking at about 1-1.2 GB of ram left after boot. The Adreno 320, as far as I can tell, reserves .5 gigs with sense and android using the other .3-.5 gigs. This is pretty standard even though the phone has 2 gigs of ram.

Your evo had a separate partition for the os. Now things are all integrated. This isn't the 1950's ya know ;p

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Bryce N

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Does the 1.21 MB for the Zoe include the 20something images that are taken with it? That's what I'm really curious about -- the size of the video/stills of a 3 second Zoe combined.

sprinttouch666

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
You'll be looking at about 1-1.2 GB of ram left after boot. The Adreno 320, as far as I can tell, reserves .5 gigs with sense and android using the other .3-.5 gigs. This is pretty standard even though the phone has 2 gigs of ram.

Huh, this seems a bit strange. I obviously don't know quite enough about the hardware side of things but what do you mean the CPU reserves .5 GB? Fundamentally I don't understand what this means, whereas I completely understand Android/the linux kernel needing a whole lot of ram reserved for system processes, paging and the like.

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Huh, this seems a bit strange. I obviously don't know quite enough about the hardware side of things but what do you mean the CPU reserves .5 GB? Fundamentally I don't understand what this means, whereas I completely understand Android/the linux kernel needing a whole lot of ram reserved for system processes, paging and the like.

Adreno 320 = GPU

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Does the 1.21 MB for the Zoe include the 20something images that are taken with it? That's what I'm really curious about -- the size of the video/stills of a 3 second Zoe combined.
With Astro you can pull the files out. (they are labeled zoe1234 etc) From albums you see the ZOE in entirety. That's where I pulled the size from. From gallery> camera shots>click ZOE>click menu.

eps1lon3

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
What's the battery life like on 3G (assuming you have moderate-good coverage) with moderate data usage at around half of maximum brightness?

acrewdog

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Is Sprint going to be promoting this phone with it's staff and resources?
Can we expect to see commercials? Will we see in-store displays?
Samsung has for so long been good at getting their phones into the hands of the Sprint store staff so that when an undecided customer comes in, the almost universal recommendation is a Samsung top tier phone. The store staff don't seem to know that HTC phones even exist.

I'm not a fanboy but I'd hate for such a great phone to miss getting traction just because of mindshare.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36