I'm on the Sprint HTC ONE Launch Team: Ask Me Anything

gramamoose

May 14, 2011
Visit site
I second acrewdog's comments...
Every time I go to a Sprint corporate store, they try to sell me a Samsung product!

Also, why is Sprint not offering any promo items like AT&T or TMobile?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I second acrewdog's comments...
Every time I go to a Sprint corporate store, they try to sell me a Samsung product!

Also, why is Sprint not offering any promo items like AT&T or TMobile?

Than I third this. Every time I stop by sprint AND INQUIRE about the One they talk about the s4. Quite annoying

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Huh, this seems a bit strange. I obviously don't know quite enough about the hardware side of things but what do you mean the CPU reserves .5 GB? Fundamentally I don't understand what this means, whereas I completely understand Android/the linux kernel needing a whole lot of ram reserved for system processes, paging and the like.

The GPU not the CPU. When it doesn't have any built in memory it must share the rest of the systems RAM. They've always done it just now with bigger, badder GPU's out there they use more resources.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Is Sprint going to be promoting this phone with it's staff and resources?
Can we expect to see commercials? Will we see in-store displays?
Samsung has for so long been good at getting their phones into the hands of the Sprint store staff so that when an undecided customer comes in, the almost universal recommendation is a Samsung top tier phone. The store staff don't seem to know that HTC phones even exist.

I'm not a fanboy but I'd hate for such a great phone to miss getting traction just because of mindshare.

the device has a big launch planned for tomorrow. you really have to experience in a bigger store to get the full effect. i can't spill the beans but it's worth camping out for.

- - - Updated - - -

Any chance Sprint is going to improve their coverage in addition to releasing new devices? I'd love to upgrade but I've had so many problems...

we just announced new markets today

popularbelief

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
What's the battery life like on 3G (assuming you have moderate-good coverage) with moderate data usage at around half of maximum brightness?
i took it off charger at 6am today and with heavy use (gps on , sync on , 4g lte coverage to and from work, two conference calls an hour each, several text messages ,several gtalk messages, many many emails,some web surfing, youtube hd streaming the vergecast) it was at 40% at 230pm

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
How's the LTE coverage? Do you loose connectivity, the EVO LTE has bad LTE reception so I'm anxiously waiting to see how the One performs.

Sent From My EVO LTE

sprinttouch666

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
The GPU not the CPU. When it doesn't have any built in memory it must share the rest of the systems RAM. They've always done it just now with bigger, badder GPU's out there they use more resources.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

facepalm. I completely braincramped on the Adreno part. Makes perfect sense. Thanks

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
How's the LTE coverage? Do you loose connectivity, the EVO LTE has bad LTE reception so I'm anxiously waiting to see how the One performs.

Sent From My EVO LTE

No issues with reception here. I did notice the transition from WiFi to 3g took a little too long but that's just a software issue.

Does it support Google wallet?
Not at the moment but that should be fixed after launch

Will Sprint see the 64 gig version in black... Ever

Im gonna say probably not.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 71929View attachment 71930
Is this average for HTC One users?
Sent From HTC One?

Looks like you have a lot of things that could be draining your battery more than some users. At the end of the day it does not matter what device you have it's all depends on how it's getting used which will differ from person to person. If you have Bluetooth on and wifi all day so forth plus any other apps that could be using the hardware more than others that there could be part of the issue.

redtex

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Popularbelief,

I'm unable to sync the tunes on my computer to my phone. Here are the details:

- music's on amazon cloud player
- I have a google chrome book

Any ideas? Thanks!
-travis

jennandtoddg

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I have had this phone for almost a month now. My old android phone would announce the caller or read out the number before ringing. Is there a way for this phone to do that? I have looked but haven't found it.
thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae