Exchange window?

WolffieC

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I've had my phone nearly a month now I believe, but I'm beginning to worry. I did hear about quality control issues, and do see a few possible imperfections.

They aren't as huge as some other people have experienced, but enough to make me a bit concerned with longevity. Basically, on the front panel (the back is gap-less), most of it has a very tiny hairline gap, which is what HTC has said. It's not supposed to be completely gap-free, but in other places I notice that the gap gets larger. The phone also came with a fairly noticeable pit in the white plastic filler at the top. It's not huge, but it's a light brown and kinda messes with me (a bit OCD)

The problem is, I have obviously had the phone a while. I do have insurance, but do you think Sprint would allow me to exchange? Do you think it doesn't matter, and I should just grab a bumper case to hide the edges?

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had my phone nearly a month now I believe, but I'm beginning to worry. I did hear about quality control issues, and do see a few possible imperfections.

They aren't as huge as some other people have experienced, but enough to make me a bit concerned with longevity. Basically, on the front panel (the back is gap-less), most of it has a very tiny hairline gap, which is what HTC has said. It's not supposed to be completely gap-free, but in other places I notice that the gap gets larger. The phone also came with a fairly noticeable pit in the white plastic filler at the top. It's not huge, but it's a light brown and kinda messes with me (a bit OCD)

The problem is, I have obviously had the phone a while. I do have insurance, but do you think Sprint would allow me to exchange? Do you think it doesn't matter, and I should just grab a bumper case to hide the edges?

I was married for 20+ years and found imperfections, too...Be happy it is only a smartphone.

Bretski169

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine has a slight gap at the top and bottom also screen at top is a tad raised. Anyone else have this?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Sprint will tell you to contact HTC for any warranty issues. I had this problem with my last One, I don't remember what exactly was wrong but they said it was a manufacturer problem and to contact HTC since there was nothing they could do about it. I ended up dropping mine in water before I could contact them, but thank goodness for insurance lol. $200 later, I got a brand new still in the box HTC One with no problems.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol