Changing Default Keyboard on HTC One

jesthe3rd

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
So I just got the HTC One on Sprint. I really like it so far, but I hate the keyboard. I loaded the google keyboard, and turned it on in settings, but can't seem to find any place to change it to default? Does anyone know how to do this? I have Googled it all morning, and I keep seeing reviews where is says you can, but no one tells you how....Please help! Thanks!

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Usually once you enable it in Settings you go to something requiring the use of the KB and then it will normally show in either the notifications pull down or the notifications status bar at the top an icon or something to select the default KB.

You could also try going into your App Management, located the stock KB app and clear defaults on that it which should trigger the prompt asking which KB will be your default next time you open the keyboard.

Jwick4224

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jes....I actually -have- an HTC ONE (and LOVE IT, btw)...I just figured out how to change that rascal.
---Just bring up the keyboard in any app that uses the keyboard, when you do, a keyboard icon will appear on the top of the screen in the drop down "notifications" menu area. Pull the menu down and select which keyboard you want to use! That's it!!

I tried and tried before finally figuring it out...hope this helps.
-Good luck bro!

purpleparrotuk

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Problem is if you reboot your phone it always defaults to the sense keyboard and you have to change it back again. Any way to change this permanently?

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Settings
Language and Keyboard
Turn on the keyboard you want to use and turn off the ones you don't,after that open an app that uses the keyboard and in the notifications(slide the notification down) you will see "Chose the input method".Click that and pick your keyboard.That should make it permanent.Good Luck!

Arbuckle

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Late response, but here's another way;

Install keyboard of choice and turn it on in Setting> Language and Keyboard

Go to App Manager and disable "HTC Sense Input".

Done.

Posted via the Android Central App

1122_2211

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
THANK YOU! That last suggestion to download an app with a keyboard on it was the only one that worked for me. Somehow my keyboard changed really strangely on my HTC bolt (gave me 2 letters per button, and I was literally unable to get anything to type out how I wanted it to) and nothing I did, including all the great advice everyone else gave did any good. I was so happy to have a good solution offered up that worked. I am plain happy to have good old google standard keyboard on my phone. THANKS SO MUCH for this HELP!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie