Need help!!! Sliding Messages Pro

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Sliding Messages Pro as my text message app and after installing I noticed that I wasn't getting any Voicemail notifications and started to get texts from 9016 asking me to dial some number to listen to my Voicemail.
Is anybody having similar problems?
I emailed the dev and he said that it could be the "override stock messaging" setting that could do this but I checked and unchecked almost everything and still not working.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
As soon as I uninstall the app the Voicemail works

Posted via Android Central App

Kinsanell

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what to tell you, I'm using sliding messenger too, it's still very, VERY new and even the beta sucks. The dev replies but his solutions never work, still can't forward texts or send mms. It's a shame because I wanted so much to love it, but I guess I must continue to switch between my older version of go sms and stock. Maybe I'll try back in a few months, lol!

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I was trying EvolveSMS, and getting the same problem. Here's what I found from Sprint:

Here are the instructions as requested: Issue Num985TechnologyCDMATitleVisual Voice Mail and Google HangoutsSymptomGoogle launched a new SMS feature to Google Hangouts that is intercepting all SMS messages. Visual Voicemail uses background SMS messages (from short code 9016) to wake up the client and tell it retrieve the message. Since Google Hangouts app is intercepting these messages, the VVM client never knows to go get any new messages.ProcessCustomers stop seeing any new VVM messages come in, and instead they will see an SMS from 9016 "///Andorid XXX-XXX-XXXX has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call 408-970-0000 to listen." This message is supposed to be a hidden wake up message. To fix, customer must turn off the SMS feature of Google Hangouts by going into Google Hangouts messaging home page > click the settings button, > select SMS, and then uncheck Turn on SMS. If customer is not seeing this be sure they are on the messaging homepage (all the messages on the device) -Time Open2013-11-

So it appears that any 3rd party sms app pulls the text intended for the visual voice mail from Sprint, and prevents it from getting it set up in VVM. The rep told me this would apply to Handcent or Go SMS as well

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Ok, I found a fix for this (at least it works with Evolve). Uncheck the override stock option in advanced settings and let your stock app handle all receiving. Just don't disable the stock app.

After that, you just need to turn off all notifications in your stock messaging app. I'm rocking now with Evolve!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC