What do you all think?

With the Sprint tri-band network so close to being launched, would you wait a couple more months for tri-band ready phones to be released or go ahead and buy the HTC One now? For me it is a toughie because I have had my Samsung Galaxy S2 for the past two years, and I am dying to upgrade. The HTC One looks amazing and is clearly the best phone on the market today, but I am worried that in a couple of months, when it is behind in LTE technology, I may be dealing with buyer's remorse.

I am curious to hear some opinions.
    07-09-2013 07:13 PM
    I think it really matters on your area. Like does it already have LTE and how congested so you think it already is or will be. I would also see sprint releasing a really cheap phone with tri band like they did with the LG Viper. It was a cheap LTE phone and one of the first if I'm not mistaken. It's also not supported really. I have a HTC ONE right now and LOVE it. I don't see a tri band device with this amazing of build quality coming for maybe a year or 2. I think you'd be good with just the HTC ONE or S4 right now. In my area LTE is being setup, towers are going up pretty quickly and I live in St.Peter's Missouri. My LTE is fast bit not reliable because it's still In the testing phase. I am good with the speeds I get now on 3g and when I get LTE and glad I didn't wsit longer for a tri band device.
    07-09-2013 09:55 PM
    The only difference between current lte phones for sprint and future tri band models, is that the tri bands will support 800mhz lte. Which will only be used by the device if 2500/1800 mhz is not available to you. If you already have lte in your area then yeah you can go ahead and get the one.

Sprint GS3 Running TN's Msg and Chubbs
    07-09-2013 10:44 PM
    It truly only matters based on where you live. If you live in a Urban/Sub-Urban/Metropolitan area such as Los Angeles, New York City, or the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Area, It will be likely that there will be multiple towers near you that transmit the LTE Bands that the HTC One Supports, ensuring constant 4G Signal. If you live in a rural area, however, this might be an issue as there is less cell tower density, and Sprint is known to have spotty rural coverage.
    07-11-2013 03:52 PM