HTC ONE force LTE disable CDMA questions + signal booster work around.

Jon Snow2

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I upgraded from a motorola photon, which always gave me a stable usable 4g connection in my apartment, to an HTC One which give me a stable 4g lte connection exactly 100 feet away from my front door but nothing in my apartment but unstable 3G... rage ensued. I obtained my MSL code, and used the data command ##3282# to enter the menu... and they have greyed out the section where you should be able to force LTE only, Whats going on here? Am i missing a step, I Need help, if this is possible I would still like to be able to force LTE only on my htc one.

more info, It turns out that there are 3 towers near me, none fully upgraded, the closest one is 3g only about on the same city block, the next closest one is a 4g tower about 1.5 to 2 blocks away to the east of the close tower... I got 4g working a little bit today....What i had to do was get a wilson sleek 4G cell phone signal booster, and then to get signal i had to place a big steel pot and bowl in between its external antenna and the close 3g tower, thank god sprint showed me where the towers were.

so currently I have 4 g but its not always on yet, so i ordered a bigger antenna with double the gain... that plus some larger steel cooking sheets or scrap metal should solve my problems for the short term. The towers might be upgraded in 6 months. now this has set me back around $200 in boosting equipment, and metal when i have to buy cooking sheets for the taller antenna.

the problem as i see it is the sprint HTC ONE will drop 4G LTE in favor for 3G when the 4G signal drops below 4 bars and a strong 3G signal is closer, the booster works only when i shield the 3G tower with metal.. but if I could disable the 3G, I should be getting 3 bars 4G with with out the booster and save lots of money.

Please im kinda new to this, so feel free to help and steer me in the right direction.

this link is what got me started
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-galaxy-s-iii/202207-possible-keep-4g-lte-only.html

p.s. the wilson is a good product I might keep it for emergency use in my car anyway.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If I am not mistaken your photon could only use 4g WIMAX.. The HTC One can only use 4g LTE so the LTE strength at your house is most likely not that strong so once indoors it kills it.

Honestly if your getting stable LTE everywhere else just use wifi in your house and be good to go.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using AC forums.

jclinton

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Try *#*#4636#*#* then Phone Information....Scroll down a little bit to Set preferred network type. I was able to lock in LTE only doing this

Jon Snow2

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
wow thanks very much, unfortunately the towers here are just crap, even with forced lte and a signal booster I cannot get 4 g in my apartment to be reliable.
hell the 3g is bad, and this is in the center of one of the larger cities in america.... so im stuck on crappy 3g for now. I use easy tether+unlimited data, and dont pay for internet.

Darryl Lett

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Call Sprint and tell them your signal is degraded and that you're going to leave them because of the old wimax issues and also because of your current issues with the HTC One if you have Wifi they will send you out an " Airave" which boosts the signal in your home via Wifi you'll only have to pay the monthly taxes that are like 2-3 a month also if you still have the Photon I here that they are upgrading Wimax phones for free I had the Photon also .....Sweet phone that was :):)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Call Sprint and tell them your signal is degraded and that you're going to leave them because of the old wimax issues and also because of your current issues with the HTC One if you have Wifi they will send you out an " Airave" which boosts the signal in your home via Wifi you'll only have to pay the monthly taxes that are like 2-3 a month also if you still have the Photon I here that they are upgrading Wimax phones for free I had the Photon also .....Sweet phone that was :):)

The Airave has to be hardlined (plugged in) to a modem or router. It doesn't do wifi.. Or at least the one at my house that my buddy uses doesn't.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

jclinton

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I seleceted the one that said LTE only...and it stuck. But then you have no 3g. I have had some good success with LTE signal when I have the LTE,CDMA setting selected.

Davis Velez

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi my name is David and I have A New HTC one 1 week ago, I'm from Colombia and not whether one supports my HTC 4g lte network. I entered settings and lte see nothing but enter the code * # * # 46 .And I see a submenu on GSM networks only says, lte only, CDMA + lte and many other options, let me know if I can activate from there or 4g lte for my HTC one since in the HTC website saysThat does not come with lte South America please help need information

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad