I've been having some signal fluctuation with my EVO 4G LTE and the data is either really slow or unusuable at times when I'm at work. The folks in the Sprint store seem to keep blaming the work going on with the towers in my area (Milwaukee), which is legitimate, but I feel like that may not be the complete story. The EVO 4G LTE got some bad press for reception issues when it first came out and I'm not sure if that's since been fixed with some of the updates that came out later.

In any case, does the HTC One have improved radio/antenna hardware that would provide better reception/signal quality and potentially faster data speeds? If so, I may end up buying one out of contract. If not, then I'll just hold out on my current phone.

Thanks, and sorry if this has been answered already! I did some searching around, but didn't find much that was more recent.
    07-15-2013 01:15 PM
    I've been having some signal fluctuation with my EVO 4G LTE and the data is either really slow or unusuable at times when I'm at work. The folks in the Sprint store seem to keep blaming the work going on with the towers in my area (Milwaukee), which is legitimate, but I feel like that may not be the complete story. The EVO 4G LTE got some bad press for reception issues when it first came out and I'm not sure if that's since been fixed with some of the updates that came out later.

In any case, does the HTC One have improved radio/antenna hardware that would provide better reception/signal quality and potentially faster data speeds? If so, I may end up buying one out of contract. If not, then I'll just hold out on my current phone.

Thanks, and sorry if this has been answered already! I did some searching around, but didn't find much that was more recent.
    Short answer is yes. Better reception and I also noticed faster speeds. Is your area live with 4g and work underway?

Posted via Android Central App
    07-15-2013 01:46 PM
    Short answer is yes. Better reception and I also noticed faster speeds. Is your area live with 4g and work underway?

Posted via Android Central App
    I wouldn't say 4G is officially live, but I've picked it up once indoors (while near the windows) and a few times outdoors. It never stays and the speeds have been all over the place. About 60-70 KB/s downloads at its worst up to about 210 KB/s at best. So I'd say they're definitely doing work around here.

If the HTC One has better radios and antennas though, then I think it may be worth a shot to see if I can get better service. Worst case, I can always return it for a refund (I'll be buying via Amazon, so it should be relatively painless).
    07-15-2013 02:35 PM