need help please concerning stock Downloads app

Santos Jaco

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
okay, I have an HTC One (Sprint of course) and i'm having trouble locating the stock Downloads app on my phone, black icon with a green arrow pointing down. it doesn't appear on my app drawer at all and the only way for me to open the app was through NFC and having the Downloads app open on my dad's Galaxy Nexus. so obviously the app is installed on my phone, but it's not in my app drawer. and when i try to search for it, it's not listed. i go to settings>apps>scroll to All and it's there. needless to say i'm puzzled. i never deleted the app but yet it's not in my app drawer. can anyone help me? give me some advice on what i can do to get the app back?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Downloads isn't actually an app--it just shows what's in the default download folder, whose directory is /storage/sdcard0/downloads. You can always access it using a 3rd part file manager like Total Commander.

Not sure why you don't see the Downloads icon in your App Drawer--do you remember seeing it there before? Did you ever disable a system app called Download Manager? Does the One have an option to hide apps in the App Drawer?

vinniemac

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, Sprint disabled access to Downloads from the app drawer. You can, however, use search to find it and open it from there..

davidtm

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it's in the App drawer on my Sprint One. Maybe 'cause I'm using a launcher other than stock (Nova)?

Santos Jaco

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. But yes it was there before. And shortly after I posted this, it reappeared on my app drawer. And no I didn't do anything that might have taken it off. But it's disappeared again. I have a shortcut to Downloads on a folder on one of my homescreens but when I tap it it says app not installed. I'm just baffled by this.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1