Hello;

I just found out Im up for an upgrade, I wanna ditch the iPhone being that there is no real improvement on the 5s. All that I am worried about is getting the phone and then seeing the new version right around the corner is that expected to happen anytime soon? or does this look like the flagship for a while?
    09-12-2013 10:06 PM
    Hello;

I just found out Im up for an upgrade, I wanna ditch the iPhone being that there is no real improvement on the 5s. All that I am worried about is getting the phone and then seeing the new version right around the corner is that expected to happen anytime soon? or does this look like the flagship for a while?
    The HTC One was announced in February. Generally, flagship devices are announced yearly (or so), so we'd expect to see something from HTC be announced towards the end of the month or the first few months into the new year.

If you like the HTC One and it does what you expect of it, then consider getting it. If you can wait for something else to come along that is more appealing, then wait. Also, remember that new devices are always being announced and something better will come along that will have you wanting something else.
    09-12-2013 10:37 PM
    The only upcoming HTC device is the One Max, so far. So as far as seeing an update to the HTC One, there haven't been any rumors of an immediate replacement. Like srk said, it has been a while, and if HTC sticks around then I would expect a new device in February.

However, I don't know if we should expect something similar in build quality to the HTC One, if that's something that you like about the phone. I'd say if you can find the HTC One for less than the $199 that Sprint has it for, then go for it. Something will always come out that's better, but it doesn't make the device obsolete.
    09-13-2013 03:10 PM
    Rumors are going around saying that HTC is working on the successor, in coming months a updated one with a snapdragon 800 is going to release but it will still be labeled as a ONE (rumor again..) the ONE was flying around back in November of last year with rumors of what It would look like so sometime soon rumors of the TWO? Maybe will start running in the wild. If you want a phone that will last years I think the ONE is the best to go to but if you want a brand new phone that is guaranteed to last till 2014 without a updated version Id go with the rumored HTC ONE MAX, Its a competitor to the NOTE 3 and is rumored to release on sprint
    09-13-2013 05:37 PM