CyanogenMod 10.1.3 RC

djshack

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone tried the CyanogenMod 10.1.3 release candidate for the Sprint HTC One? I didn't even know it existed yet until I saw it on the site today: CyanogenMod Downloads

I'm tempted, but I've heard some issues CM on the One in the past.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone tried the CyanogenMod 10.1.3 release candidate for the Sprint HTC One? I didn't even know it existed yet until I saw it on the site today: CyanogenMod Downloads

I'm tempted, but I've heard some issues CM on the One in the past.
Welcome to the forums!
Sometimes they only way to know is try. Release candidates are pretty stable. CM has always had issues with cameras and Bluetooth. So, if either of those don't bother you, give it a go.

djshack

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! I'm thinking of trying it this weekend. I'd say I do care about the camera, but I have that HTC pinkish/purplish camera issue with the stock ROM anyways, so I'm wondering if CM would somehow get rid of that (as HTC has indicated it is a software issue).

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! I'm thinking of trying it this weekend. I'd say I do care about the camera, but I have that HTC pinkish/purplish camera issue with the stock ROM anyways, so I'm wondering if CM would somehow get rid of that (as HTC has indicated it is a software issue).

Not sure about that. CM overall isn't bad.

Sent from a Slim 4.3 S3

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Here's my take on it as I just flashed it on my One the day before yesterday.

On stock ROM, I did not have the purplish/pink camera issue; on CM I do. For me, this is pretty much the game changer for me. I really enjoyed HTC's camera on my One. This basically ruined on my particular device.

Also, my battery life has been drastically reduced compared to stock.

There is also an issue where you cannot receive a carrier signal from Sprint. You have to manually go into settings and change the CDMA connection type to gain a signal. And this must be done every time a restart is done.

Overall, having the "zippy" stock Android feel on this device is fantastic. But these have been major drawbacks for me and the reason I will be flashing back to stock or possibly trying ViperROM this evening.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay