Sprint HTC One - Having trouble unrooting my Sprint HTC One, can't find RUU image version 1.31.162.2

flpalazzojr

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I spent 6 or 7 hours last night trying to unroot my One. I found a 1.29.651.10 RUU but when using the HTC ROM Update Utility, I get error 140 saying something like "image version does not match", because I'm basically trying to go from image version 1.31.162.2 to an older version, 1.29.651.10. I desperately need an executable file with RUU image version 1.31.162.2!!!! Does anyone have any idea where to find this, know when it might be released, or have any other methods of unrooting the Sprint One? Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Posted via Android Central App

Redchong

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I encountered the same issue. Get s-off on your One. Qbking77 on YouTube has a great tutorial on how to do so. Once this is done as long as the RUU, regardless of the version, is associated with the same carrier as you have then you can use it. I did so and then upgraded to 4.3 just fine

flpalazzojr

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
turning s-off with qbking's recone method worked flawlessly - well, almost - if after you enter chmod 755 in the terminal emulator, it says "file or directory not found" or whatever, just go to the file in the data/local/temp locations and rename it if it still has the .bin extension on it. so to be clear, rename from revone.bin to revone, then try commands again in the terminal. other than that, everything is working flawlessly. last night i actually flashed an old version of the stock sense rom (1.29.651.10) to try to get thr rom update utility to match correct versions, and as a result, after turning s-off with revone, had to update to 1.31, and now i'm in the process of updating to 4.3. in fact, it just finished booting up to 4.3 as i was typing this. THANKS REDCHONG!!!! I could have avoided all of this last night cause i started using revone and hit the chmod 755 directory issue and bailed on it, not thinking that would have been the issue. thanks again!!!!

flpalazzojr

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
@JKruesi, just follow qbking youtube video for turning s-off with revone, then use his unroot/unbrick htc one video. that should work. if you have any problems, just ask, we can probably help.

mmednick1

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I unrooted my one following directions on YouTube. It now says relocked. It's a stock rom. Does anyone know if I will still get ota updates?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

jcperkins12

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
So I have gained S-off using revone and then tried running the RUU for the Sprint HTC one. This should fix any issues with not having the right 1.31.651.2 RUU, but the 1.29.651.10 RUU still won't complete the unroot. It gets to the "sending .... Updating the ROM image on your Android" step and then never finishes sending the files to my phone. I've tried running it overnight to give it more time, but it never completes the step. All of my fastboot and adb commands have worked so far, any ideas on why the RUU won't work?

Redchong

May 10, 2012
Visit site
First thing is first. Make sure that you have got s-off correctly on your phone. Also I uprooted my phone before I used the RUU.

Posted via Android Central App

javisuhfiks

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I totally need help! I had the same problem as the OP however, I made it worse. Keeping it short, basically my Sprint HTC One has no rom installed in it now. I have installed and uninstalled HTC drivers over and over but the main driver needed to connect my phone so ADB and my laptop to recognize it wont install, it wont install the MTP USB driver. So when I try to run ADB it wont recognize the device, so I cant side load anything. I am running windows 7 64bit. I am able to get into fastboot and TWRP recovery but it is useless because I cant do anything. The weird thing is when I am in fastboot and connect my phone with the usb cable it goes to fastboot usb, so that should mean it is being recognized, right? Any help would be appreciated! I have this phone and not being able to use is sucks.
Other things I messed up on is that internal memory was wiped so all recoveries are gone and I did not save any on my laptop.
Other info:
S-On
Bootloader is unlock
HBOOT- 1.44.0000

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I too am running Windows 7 64 bit. Didn't have any problems getting it to install all drivers properly. Try uninstalling the drivers, then install without the phone plugged in. Once that is complete then plug in the phone and let it install. You may have to try different ports until you find one that wants to work right. Out of 4 ports on my laptop only 1 would for me.

I can also verify the 1.29 RUU works. I just did it last night S OFF and had no problems.

I think you get the drivers installed correctly it will resolve the problems.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Paul is right , uninstall all drivers and any related softwae like HTC Sync. Leave the phone unplugged and install the driver package im attaching with this post. after they the install put the phone in fastbboot then plug it in let them install. the unplug and enter recovery and plug it back in and let them install.

HTC Driver Package

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue and was beating my head on the table (need that 4.3 love!). First I thought it was my recovery because TWRP couldn't even find the update. I switched to Clockwork, and while it could find the update, I got the error code. After numerous unsuccessful attempts trying to figure it out, I used the revone method (Qbking77) to get s-off, then was able to run 1.29.651.10 RUU. Upon rebooting, phone immediately downloaded 1.31.612.2, then downloaded the the 4.3 update flawlessly.

jcperkins12

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
First thing is first. Make sure that you have got s-off correctly on your phone. Also I uprooted my phone before I used the RUU.

Is there a good way to check that I have gained s-off correctly? It says s-off of my fastboot screen on my phone and I checked a couple youtube videos. I don't think I missed any steps. I had the same issue with the RUU before I gained s-off. It never finished sending the files, and I thought it was because of the 1.31 to 1.29 incompatibility. I've checked a couple other threads and regalpimpin on a xda forum said there were problems with a security warning interfering with the process but I don't have that security warning flag on my fastboot screen.

I've never seen the term uprooted? rooted and unrooted I'm familiar with. I'm kind of an "inadvertent developer" after i washed my stock phone and bought a rooted phone to replace it, what is uprooting?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835