Sprint HTC One - 4.3 Sense 5 Messaging question

anon(4936081)

May 10, 2010
Visit site
The Facts:

-100% stock, unrooted
-I use the stock Messaging app (for now at least)
-I've downloaded and installed the AOSP Gallery/Camera apps. I prefer they workflow and built in filters in the gallery as well as the speed of the camera app over the HTC version. I still use the HTC Camera for ZOE, but that's about it

Here's my question:
When in the gallery app and I tap the 'Share' icon, the only app that doesn't show up in this list is the stock Messaging App. I'm fairly certain it's because it is a core Sense app and not separate. I've tried the Andmade Share app, but it doesn't edit the apps list under the Share icon within the AOSP gallery app. This problem is annoying because I can't MMS pics from the AOSP gallery app. All the other methods exist (dropbox, G+, Gmail, etc.) and when I install a 3rd party SMS app, it shows up.

Does anyone know how to edit this app list to make the Sense 5 Messaging app available?

I realize this is a deeper question than most, but any help is appreciated

anon(4936081)

May 10, 2010
Visit site
http://android.stackexchange.com/questions/1156/how-can-i-customize-the-list-of-services-that-pops-up-when-i-choose-to-share-sLooks like the problem is how the "Android System" in 4.3 interacts with Sense and its elements.

To see another example of this bug do the following on your phone:

1. Take a screenshot (hold power and volume down at the same time)
2. Pull down the notifications drawer and you'll see the new & improved expanded notification showing a preview of your screenshot with a small "Share" button.
3. Tap the "Share" button and a new menu will show up with the apps used for sharing
4. "Messaging" (i.e. Sense 5 stock messaging app) is NOT in this list. :(

Is there a dev out there that knows how to add a line of code or something to make Messages appear on this list?

EDIT: I may have answered my own question, however this is a rather old post:
http://android.stackexchange.com/qu...ervices-that-pops-up-when-i-choose-to-share-s

Sounds like the Messages app needs to be tweaked. Hopefully someone will bring this to HTC's attention...maybe its time I root.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital