Updated to 4.3, unrooted, is there a way to go back to previous versio of android?

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Title basically says it all. I upgraded, since the upgrade my WiFi is constantly dropping out, leaving me to move right near my router to use it. I drop phone calls where I have full service constantly. I loved this phone, but since the upgrade I don't even want to look at it. I have done a hard reset, updated profile and prl. I am unrooted and trying to figure out, how and if I can go back? I am on tthe verge of switching to moto x, as much as I don't want to. I need a phone that operates properly, unfortunately I use for business and can't afford to constantly drop calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
No easy way back. Involves obtaining the RUU and flashing your device.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Title basically says it all. I upgraded, since the upgrade my WiFi is constantly dropping out, leaving me to move right near my router to use it. I drop phone calls where I have full service constantly. I loved this phone, but since the upgrade I don't even want to look at it. I have done a hard reset, updated profile and prl. I am unrooted and trying to figure out, how and if I can go back? I am on tthe verge of switching to moto x, as much as I don't want to. I need a phone that operates properly, unfortunately I use for business and can't afford to constantly drop calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There are multiple reports in forums (even in Google's issue tracking sites) that Android 4.3 has issues with Wifi, and it is not only affecting HTC devices, but any device that has 4.3. Some people experience them, but some do not.
I suspect Google is working on a solution and they should roll out a patch soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia