4.3 update

stxdude

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I've got an HTC one. Is it worth upgrading to android 4.3 considering the known issues sprint customers have been having or just stay with 4.1.2.

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I'd wait if I were you. There are no major improvements, and the issues that exist are kind of a pain.

Posted via Android Central App

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I've got an HTC one. Is it worth upgrading to android 4.3 considering the known issues sprint customers have been having or just stay with 4.1.2.

I'm staying on 4.1 for now! Back when I had my 3vo I upgraded and that phone never ran the same again. Until I can do everything on 4.3 I'm doing on 4.1 I'm not upgrading.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

cdknight

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
No sure what issues you are referring to, but I haven't had any issues. 4.3 is buttery smooth and is even faster. I love the quick toggles and the removal of the black menu bar at the bottom of some apps. My only issue with Sprint is that I wish they would move faster on their 4G LTE rollout! I recommend you update.

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Updated to 4.3 and I must say it's even smoother than before. I'm running ecliptic 4.3 and it's pretty much flawless. Battery life isn't quite as good, but I was running a different kernel than stock on 4.1.2.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, I'd wait if I were you. There are no major improvements, and the issues that exist are kind of a pain.

Posted via Android Central App

No major improvements???? you have no idea what 4.3 is bring to HTC One.

there are tons of speed and performance improvements.

the more you wait, higher the chances to have issues. install 4.3 and do a factory reset which will make it issue free for the most part

pergerson6

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there is that many improvements either and it is a bit buggy.

I went back to 4.1.2 due to the more efficient battery life. 4.3 didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. I'll probably stay on this version until kernel source is released.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

decypher44

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
No major improvements???? you have no idea what 4.3 is bring to HTC One.

there are tons of speed and performance improvements.

the more you wait, higher the chances to have issues. install 4.3 and do a factory reset which will make it issue free for the most part

I have updated, and did a factory reset. It was my opinion based on my experience. Also, there are several Sprint One owners complaining about the same issues on Sprint's One Forum. Granted, there are some who haven't had the same issues, but if I were to go back in time, I would wait for a few weeks to see if there was a patch in the works.

For me, the updated OS doesn't do a lot that offsets the issues I have.

Again, just my opinion.

jimbo

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Can a person using the HTC One, perhaps with the 4.3 update, receive emails over wifi simultaneously while connected to voice (phone conversation) as I always could with the HTC EVO 4G LTE?

I was led to believe this "simultaneous mode" restriction may be a hardware issue.

That was one of the primary issues holding me back from upgrading to One from EVO except for the dedicated camera button and kickstand. Perhaps I just wait for the upcoming 4.3 Sense 5 update and continue enjoying my phenomenal EVO LTE.

Last edited:

mstrozewski

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I jumped the gun and downloaded it, install was easy but ever since the camera has been jacked up, it's not focusing properly and some low light shots are people and grainy, the Wi-Fi and 3G drop constantly for no reason. However, it is a bit faster and behaves alright.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams