HTC One (day 2 of owning it). Rant and questions! Please help me out!

xtremevette

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok so today is day 2 owning a blue HTC One phone. Running 4.3. Iam stepping up from a 2 year old HTC EVO 3D.

First I put in the questions...(I'll put the rants later)

1. How do get quick access to the settings without having to press the home button followed by scrolling through all the apps to find the "settings one"?
2. Where can you get or how can I get a full locking animated weather screen onto this phone? Use to be there in previous versions. Gone now.

Ok the rants!
1. Why did you have to move all the buttons all over the place? Seems like every button is opposite to other android phones? Especially moving the power button to the far left? Who designed this? Must of been a left handed person. Come on at least compromise and put in the middle! Stupid!
2. Why limit to only 3 buttons at the bottom of the HTC one and in all actuality...you never enabled the "HTC" to be a button so we are stuck with 2! Most phones have at least 3! Again Stupid!
3. The Home button and back buttons. Ok maybe the person designed this drives on the wrong side of the road or goes in the exit door or something? The buttons need to be flipped in my humble opinion. Home first (left side) or at least in the middle, back button to the left or right sides. OH and bring back the quick access button!
4. Ok speaking of the "HTC" logo/button at the bottom. Why put in circuitry for it to be a button and then not enable it? Stupid #3!
5. The widgets for "Bluetooth", Wireless", "Mobile", and "GPS". Why light blue for the "on notification". Seems like a **** poor color choice. At least a green or red would be fairly noticeable considering the widget itself is blue? Hello.....great designing there.
6. The power button. More recessed then ever before making it difficult to push down or even find. No step up here.
7. Lock screen can only have 1 widget on it? Really? Wow...couple steps back here.
8. Full animated weather locking screen gone/no longer available because HTC forces you to use their one and ONLY ONE version their crappy line art weather on the lock screen. I don't mind the plain jane weather for showing up in the app list but placing it on the bottom of the lock screen with nothing else is horrible. I want my weather back to the lock screen. I know I have mentioned it a lot...sorry pet peeve, have it it so long on all my other phones.
9. I won't mention Blinkfeed. I have that pushed off the side and hear that sense 5.5 is around the corner which will allow you to finally turn the damn thing off.

I have more rants but I'll keep it simple to these...Let the comments and answers flow guys!
:cool:

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
1. Go to the app drawer, look for settings, then put it into your home screen.
2. HTC too that away. you may be able to get something similar through Google play store party apps/launchers....

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
With so many rants here, I've got to ask. Did you look at this phone before you bought it? Looks like you may have been happier with something else!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

papakarr

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
In regards to the "Setting" widget, if you have 4.3 at the home screen isn't it available when you pull down from the top and tap the dots in the upper right corner?

xtremevette

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
trust me yall...I checked around and even fooled with the phone before buying. It was the closest thing that would handle what I wanted it to do. The S4 was worst then this one for having the options I wanted. I don't think there was anything else out there on the Sprint network. Well unless I go IPhone and hellllllllllllll no that aint happening. I wanted to wait to see what the M8 was going to offer but that don't look like it will be out until sometime around summer next year and rumors have it that it won't be very much different then the M7 (HTC one) that I have right now. I needed a phone as mine was on the last leg, just wished HTC didn't do so many changes that frustrated me lol.

Oh have another question...

How do you add a word to the dictionary without going into the actual settings pane etc. I use to be able to type a message and if the word wasn't there, there was an "add" button where I could then type in the word and it would be added to the user dictionary and come us as the next predicted word.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
You will get used to the power button. I felt the same way as you about it until I had the phone for a few days. I now like the One's power button better. Also less of a chance of but (forum didn't like proper spelling) dialing someone now. Lol.

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
#8 - Think to get what you want with the animated weater, goto Settings, personalize, lock screen - then choose wallpaper. Then under the wallpaper (setting, personalize, wallpaper) choose live wallpaper, weather.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
#8 - Think to get what you want with the animated weater, goto Settings, personalize, lock screen - then choose wallpaper. Then under the wallpaper (setting, personalize, wallpaper) choose live wallpaper, weather.
There is no "live wallpaper" option in lock screen. (unless you use the same as your home screen...

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok so today is day 2 owning a blue HTC One phone. Running 4.3. Iam stepping up from a 2 year old HTC EVO 3D.

First I put in the questions...(I'll put the rants later)

1. How do get quick access to the settings without having to press the home button followed by scrolling through all the apps to find the "settings one"?
2. Where can you get or how can I get a full locking animated weather screen onto this phone? Use to be there in previous versions. Gone now.

Ok the rants!
1. Why did you have to move all the buttons all over the place? Seems like every button is opposite to other android phones? Especially moving the power button to the far left? Who designed this? Must of been a left handed person. Come on at least compromise and put in the middle! Stupid!
2. Why limit to only 3 buttons at the bottom of the HTC one and in all actuality...you never enabled the "HTC" to be a button so we are stuck with 2! Most phones have at least 3! Again Stupid!
3. The Home button and back buttons. Ok maybe the person designed this drives on the wrong side of the road or goes in the exit door or something? The buttons need to be flipped in my humble opinion. Home first (left side) or at least in the middle, back button to the left or right sides. OH and bring back the quick access button!
4. Ok speaking of the "HTC" logo/button at the bottom. Why put in circuitry for it to be a button and then not enable it? Stupid #3!
5. The widgets for "Bluetooth", Wireless", "Mobile", and "GPS". Why light blue for the "on notification". Seems like a **** poor color choice. At least a green or red would be fairly noticeable considering the widget itself is blue? Hello.....great designing there.
6. The power button. More recessed then ever before making it difficult to push down or even find. No step up here.
7. Lock screen can only have 1 widget on it? Really? Wow...couple steps back here.
8. Full animated weather locking screen gone/no longer available because HTC forces you to use their one and ONLY ONE version their crappy line art weather on the lock screen. I don't mind the plain jane weather for showing up in the app list but placing it on the bottom of the lock screen with nothing else is horrible. I want my weather back to the lock screen. I know I have mentioned it a lot...sorry pet peeve, have it it so long on all my other phones.
9. I won't mention Blinkfeed. I have that pushed off the side and hear that sense 5.5 is around the corner which will allow you to finally turn the damn thing off.

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app