HTC One Rant

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
So like many of you Htc One owners i am having issues with my speaker. Bought my One in June and the top speaker is now un-usable which means i can only use speaker phone for calls. I have had the Evo, Evo lte and now the one and each one of them the speakers have died on. To top it off i dont have insurance on it. A good question is why keep buying Htc if i always have issues??? I ask myself the same question... The answer is (at least for me) there is just so much i like about htc and the One is no exception. I love the metal body and to my eyes the lcd screen is matched by none. The biggest of all though is the camera. Sure there are better but the features are what have me. Love the fact that i can snap a few photo's and Zoe combinations and make a quick highlight real. Use it a lot too...

So my question is (i have several) has anyone checked into the htc warranty about so many speakers failing and have you had any luck getting them to fix it?

I have only had htc phones since the hero and like i mentioned i really like the lcd screen on the One. The clearer brighter whites are more important to me than darker blacks. I always use ADW.ex launcher so skins are not a big factor when considering a new phone. So i'm at a loss on what to do if warranty is not an option

Re buy another One (with insurance) seeing as i love the phone or venture out and try another brand. I've narrowed it to these

Moto X
Lgg2
Nexus 5

Any advise would be great. Thanks everyone

anon(5928073)

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
Insane that the speakers have died on you before like that. I have never had that issue. On any phone. HTC makes great phones, but there are always a couple duds out there!

You have an awesome list of phones there to choose from, I honestly would recommend the Nexus 5. You get the biggest bang for your buck and the most guaranteed updates. The phone is a massive upgrade from the Nexus 4 and I see no issue with it as of now.

I unfortunately can only tell you to contact HTC about the issue. Tell them that you've been a loyal customer and maybe they'll come around. Worth a try right?

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have read in this forum of another user that sent their phone back to HTC due to a bad speaker. He/she said it was fixed no questions asked. I totally agree with you about HTC phones. I love them. I've had my One for a month and a half and except for the camera taking lousy, blurry pictures I love my One. And I came from the HTC Hero :)

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Yea I would really like to keep the One. I'm hoping they stand behind it and fix the issue

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I think the biggest problem is the dual front speakers with Beats Audio just sound so incredible the you naturally want to crank it up.

I keep telling myself remember those are still tiny speakers that will blow if you crank them up to often.

About 3 months in with my HTC One and still sound great.

Sent from my awesome HTC One using Tapatalk.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've never had the pleasure of hearing the One's speakers...but they don't let me out much. Do they compare with what some would consider to be a small "boom box"?

G Pad 8.3

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
For me it's not just about the volume... my daughters s3 is almost as loud. It's more about the quality of the sound and the stereo effect.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
HTC will fix your phone without Question. You'll be without it for around 10 days or so, Thats what it was with my Evo LTE speaker

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
HTC will fix your phone without Question. You'll be without it for around 10 days or so, Thats what it was with my Evo LTE speaker

Thanks Ben. I hope you're right. I still have my evo LTE to use so I'm okay with being without my One for a week or 2.

I sent an email to HTC today so hopefully I'll hear from them soon

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to add my two cents...

I have been a loyal HTC owner. I have had a Hero, EVO, and One M7.

Honestly, I have never had a problem with the speakers. I admit, though, I have never cranked up the sound either.

I do have to say that I have contacted HTC a couple of times about issues, and I have found them very responsive.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Things are looking up. Htc's reply

Thank you for contacting HTC technical support, I understand how important is to have your phone working in optimal conditions and I am really sorry to know about the speaker of your HTC One been broken and any inconvenience you may had because of this situation.

In response of your answer, yes we are willing to honor your warranty and fix your phone, to set up this repair we must create a ticket number through our phone support number as they need to deliver to you the terms and conditions so you can accept them over the phone also provide you with the details for shipping and handling, so please contact us at:

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Looking good. I hope it works out for you. I have loved HTC. Really rooting for them, but not a fan of the one myself though.

Best of luck. I must admit their repairs are cheap! Well least when I dealt with HTC Hong Kong as I had an Asian model on my old phone.

- Android Central App. Remember courage is contagious.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis