HTC One Update 4.06.651.9 - Stuck at Boot Screen

Lazerath

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I have an HTC One without any mods and just got the notification tonight to upgrade to 4.06.651.9. I downloaded the update and then had to plug it in to install. I did not watch the phone after clicking Install, but noticed sometime later that the phone was stuck on the bright "HTC One / beatsaudio" screen.

I google searched for what to do and I am not finding much. I tried to hold the power button down and it restarts after about 15 seconds. I tried holding power + volume up - same thing. I tried power + volume down - same thing. I tried going under a bright light and doing those things - same thing. I tried plugging in the phone to my PC and my PC recognizes a USB device but HTC Sync Manager doesn't see the phone, nor does it present a drive to the OS (Win 7). I'm at a loss... any suggestions? Will the sprint store be able to help me?

Lazerath

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I am able to get into the boot loader now. I was doing it wrong before. I guess I was supposed to let go of the power button but not the volume down when it flashed black.

Once in the boot loader, I attempted to click "Recovery". It flashed black, then went to a screen with a phone outline and a lightning bolt for a while, then rebooted. It still got stuck on the HTC One / Beatsaudio boot screen.

What is recovery supposed to do? I tried googling it, but didn't find much about what happens after you select recovery. Is my only option now to do a factory reset? Is there anyway to recovery my the phone with the existing data?

Lazerath

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Took it into the sprint store at lunch and they were unable to revive it despite many different attempts including flashing it again. He did say that it's very encouraging that the bootloader works and that if he was able to do "non standard repair" at Sprint such as connecting it to his computer and using android development tools he could probably get it to work. At this point, I think I am just going to send it into HTC for repair.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Took it into the sprint store at lunch and they were unable to revive it despite many different attempts including flashing it again. He did say that it's very encouraging that the bootloader works and that if he was able to do "non standard repair" at Sprint such as connecting it to his computer and using android development tools he could probably get it to work. At this point, I think I am just going to send it into HTC for repair.
Good luck, Htc isnt going to repair it. They will put a new mother board in it and charge the heck out of you. If you still have the phone it is a easy fix.

BoredandTattooed

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with mms now? I've had several people having issues receiving my pics now..

Stock unrooted

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with mms now? I've had several people having issues receiving my pics now..

Stock unrooted

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

I send a couple pics to a friend last week and he never received them. I don't know if the problem was with Sprint (my phone) or his (H2O).

Chuck Hazel

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
The link Is for sprint, i have a Bell canada phone in the dame state, have tried to run the ruu for bm___001 but just get a security signature fail, pls help, already way further into this phone then I ever wanted to be

Firescar96

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I've soft-bricked my phone a few times while trying to root/upgrade it. I've had luck with the RUU process once, but usually, especially with s-on, it's way too hard to find a stock rom that will pass the security checks. If you aren't getting to the htc unlock screen you probably downloaded a bad rom-either the link is bad or the download failed somewhere. If you are getting to the unlock screen I can nearly guarantee you have a sprint phone with missing radio firmware.
Non-sprint roms not only don't come with cdma firmware, they overwrite it. So just use adb to push it to your device and TWRP or some other recovery to flash it.
[personal information removed by moderators]

Joe Stevenson

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
hi mate i am having the exact same problem did the update now stuck at the boot screen. I tried to do the volume button and power button trick ,selected recovery and still doesnt work .after turning back on just stays frozen at the htc android screen. This is rediculous HTC need to get their **** together cause they actually have a good phone but with these stupid updates they need to do more thorough work. Have u had any luck ? im gonna try and use one of the other options now probably gonna wipe the phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair