Sprint HTC One: Can't save contacts to google in phone app anymore

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
My phone app used to ask me if I wanted to save a new contact to google or phone. Now the only option I have is phone. How can I save new contacts to google?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Assuming your logged into your Gmail account on the device. Next would be to check under Settings/Accounts & sync>Google>

Then you should see your Gmail account at or near the top, click on it and it will show you everything associated with your Google (Gmail) account. Make sure Contacts & People details are both selected.

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
When I go to accounts and sync and click on Google (I am logged in and everything syncs fine) I see my account email address at the top which if clicked just takes me to sync accounts and people is listed. Other than that directly under my Google account I only see (under security) Search, Location, Google+, and Ads.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
When you click on your Gmail account you should be brought to a screen like this below. You should see Contacts, make sure it's checked.

ezy6udup.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
All of my Syncs are checked, including Contacts, and they all sync correctly. However, I still don't have the option to choose google when I want to save a contact from my phone app. I only have the "phone" option.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried to do a factory data reset?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do that. I just had to do it a couple of months ago to fix another problem caused by the Android update.

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an AT&T HTC One and I am having the same issue. I don't know exactly when the issue started as I don't often add contacts but it was definitely after the last OS update. I'm holding out for the Sense 6 update to see if it fixes the issue as I don't want to do a factory reset unless I have to.

bumpandrun

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Sense 6 update. Once the update was done I updated my profile and PRL and it's working again. You might want to try updating your profile even before you get Sense 6 and see if that works. I know updating my PRL didn't do it because I tried that before.

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes I noticed this as well after the Sense 6 update it seems that the syncing of Contacts for Exchange and Outlook Email is Not syncing. So if you have like a live or hotmail or the new outlook.com address it's Not syncing Contacts like it should.

ShipWreck

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
I just got the Sense 6 update. Once the update was done I updated my profile and PRL and it's working again. You might want to try updating your profile even before you get Sense 6 and see if that works. I know updating my PRL didn't do it because I tried that before.

I will give that a try..